Why are people still complaining that we arent getting ports of old games?

#11zfstarkPosted 2/4/2013 4:23:18 PM
I personally like that the Wii U doesn't get ports. I didn't buy the Wii U with the intention of playing games I could have easily gotten for the PS3 or 360.
---
This doesn't look like an accident...
#12Sailor GoonPosted 2/4/2013 4:28:20 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Because it can't run ports of the new ones? It's a gen behind

I wonder when Tekken and Ninja Gaiden stopped existing.

since they can't run as well on the Wii U

and Dead Space 3, GTA5 etc are ports? I dont think the TC understands what multiplat is.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#13Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 4:29:21 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
and Dead Space 3, GTA5 etc are ports? I dont think the TC understands what multiplat is.

Multiplatform are generally within the same generation, the 360/PS3 = 7th Gen, Wii U = 8th Gen
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#14BuretsuPosted 2/4/2013 4:31:49 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...

Multiplat generally means that the game was developed for multiple systems simultaneously, not like Dead Space 3 and GTA 5 which were developed for the PS3/360(/PC in the case of DS3), and would have to be modified to run on the Wii U.
---
Vita sucks! Sony is a copy cat! Sony is Dooooooomed! -Nice_Kirbyfan9
And the Vita is failing hard -Linetrix
#15Sailor GoonPosted 2/4/2013 4:35:44 PM
Buretsu posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...

Multiplat generally means that the game was developed for multiple systems simultaneously, not like Dead Space 3 and GTA 5 which were developed for the PS3/360(/PC in the case of DS3), and would have to be modified to run on the Wii U.

What difference does it make if they would have to be modified to run on the Wii U? Thats like saying a game coming out for 360 and PS3 isnt a multiplat because the xbox 360 controls would have to be modified to run on PS3.
Multiplat means simultaneous release. If the devs decided to make those games come out on Wii U as well as the PC, PS3, 360, they would be multiplat games. They would not be ports.
---
#16Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 4:39:20 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
What difference does it make if they would have to be modified to run on the Wii U? Thats like saying a game coming out for 360 and PS3 isnt a multiplat because the xbox 360 controls would have to be modified to run on PS3.
Multiplat means simultaneous release. If the devs decided to make those games come out on Wii U as well as the PC, PS3, 360, they would be multiplat games. They would not be ports.

Because the Wii U is a newer system so they need to modify it to utilize the systems features. It would be a port to the Wii U because the Wii U is a next gen console.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#17BuretsuPosted 2/4/2013 4:41:25 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Buretsu posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...

Only if they were developed alongside the original versions. Controls is a very minor issue compared to making a game run on two systems with very different architectures.

Do you call a game that releases on PS3 and Vita a 'multiplat' simply because it's a simultaneous release?
---
#18EternalWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:58:43 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Buretsu posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Beatperson14 posted...

And my point is that the development process for these games likely started before the Wii-U kits were out or at least before they understood the hardware enough to finish the product on time for a simulatenous release. It would not benefit them to release GTA etc... in November for the Wii-U, it would likely be to risky to make profit off of that version alone.

The only way to get these games out by the release date is to port them, and porting a game that wasnt designed to run on the this hardware is likely going to result in a significant decrease in quality and stability. On top of that, the people those games are targeted to likely already own the 360 or PS3, so why would they get the port for the Wii-U?

In the end, either way, the sales would not be worth the development costs.

How many games announced for the 360 and PS3 multiplats in the last 4 months arent also coming to the Wii-U? And by announced, I mean just announced, not with a gameplay trailer and a quality presentation to show because they have been working on it for 6-12 months. Something still in the concept stages but confirmed to be coming.

My point is, there is no reason to start development on a "old" game when its not going to be released in time and there isnt much reason to rush a port of a game where the majority of the fanbase is on other platforms.
---
As We Go...
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m82zjm.jpg
#19Sailor GoonPosted 2/4/2013 7:12:47 PM
Do you call a game that releases on PS3 and Vita a 'multiplat' simply because it's a simultaneous release?

lol *facepalm* thats the very definition of a multiplat game
---
#20BuretsuPosted 2/4/2013 7:25:24 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

lol *facepalm* thats the very definition of a multiplat game

I think that pretty much says it all, now doesn't it? smh
---