Does Nintendo need new IPs?

#1Ritster21Posted 2/4/2013 3:05:35 PM(edited)
Friend: Nintendo has no good games anymore. All they have is Mario.

Me: Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, Xenoblade, Kirby, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Yoshi, Mother, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Pokemon etc etc

Friend: Star Fox, F-Zero and Golden Sun are non existent now. Xenoblade is a new IP; we don't know if it will become a franchise. Kirby and Yoshi are casual-fest. Kid Icarus just came back; we don't know if it will continue. Whats Mother? Fire Emblem was almost non existent, we'll see soon what happens. DK is up in the air. AC is irrelevant. Pikmin is niche. That leaves Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon. Ninty needs some new IPs ASAP!

What do you guys think?
#2Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 3:07:08 PM
I think your friend has no idea wat he's talking bout.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/4/2013 3:12:16 PM
Your friend is a moron. Tell him that. To his face.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#4_Candice_Posted 2/4/2013 3:17:31 PM
They have a whole bunch of IPs.... that theyre doing absolutely nothing with.

Your friend is right.

I dont think they need new IPs as it will reintroduce their current problem. Having a bunch of dead IPs left in the water with no futures.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#5Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 3:19:42 PM
_Candice_ posted...
They have a whole bunch of IPs.... that theyre doing absolutely nothing with.

Your friend is right.

I dont think they need new IPs as it will reintroduce their current problem. Having a bunch of dead IPs left in the water with no futures.

Pretty much the entire industry as a whole does this.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6ViolentAbacusPosted 2/4/2013 3:20:04 PM
A few, maybe; more than anything though, they need to revive old ones.
---
While you bask in my glory, please try not to make me angry by writing words that don't exist in dictionaries.
#7MaDmAtHiEuPosted 2/4/2013 3:30:39 PM
Ritster21 posted...
Friend: Nintendo has no good games anymore. All they have is Mario.

Me: Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, Xenoblade, Kirby, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Yoshi, Mother, Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, Pokemon etc etc

Friend: Star Fox, F-Zero and Golden Sun are non existent now. Xenoblade is a new IP; we don't know if it will become a franchise. Kirby and Yoshi are casual-fest. Kid Icarus just came back; we don't know if it will continue. Whats Mother? Fire Emblem was almost non existent, we'll see soon what happens. DK is up in the air. AC is irrelevant. Pikmin is niche. That leaves Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokemon. Ninty needs some new IPs ASAP!

What do you guys think?

Kirby and kirby
---
3DS: 3007-8129-8828 -- Wii: 1829 5338 0929 8987 ACCF1977-5312-3357 Mario Kart Wii: 3523-2619-9721
#8Sailor GoonPosted 2/4/2013 3:32:39 PM
They desperately need new IPs. I'm tired of playing the 100th Mario and Zelda games. They were good in the past, but its just old and stale. Nintendo needs to come out with some actual fresh ideas.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#9STE573Posted 2/4/2013 3:32:46 PM
I'm going to call it, this conversation didn't happen and is secretly you seeking vindication on a board that will agree with you.

I'd be more naive, but I've seen this done a hundred times before.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#10Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 3:33:15 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
They desperately need new IPs. I'm tired of playing the 100th Mario and Zelda games. They were good in the past, but its just old and stale. Nintendo needs to come out with some actual fresh ideas.

Then don't buy them?
---