Can you Install games to the Hard Drive? KInd of like with the 360 and PS3

#21Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 8:12:53 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
The 360 and PS3 DID do that since launch my friend

Except it didn't, the 360's install option did not come until New Xbox Experience Update.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#22geneticsftwPosted 2/4/2013 8:32:21 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
Baha05 posted...
mario7890 posted...
So why is that? The 360 and PS3 has that option to reduce loading times and to save wear and tear on the Disc Reading Drive.

Isn't the Wii U suppose to have the features that 360 and PS3 already have?

Who knows, it's possible it might be a later option. The 360 sure didn't have the feature at launch.

Also generally speaking all the consoles have vastly different options.

The 360 and PS3 DID do that since launch my friend

Xbox360 November 19th 2008, my friend.
---
Sweet
#23The_King82Posted 2/4/2013 11:15:57 PM
The wii u can't perform difficult tasks like game installations.
#24Banjo2553Posted 2/5/2013 12:38:27 AM
There's digital download versions of retail games, but you can't install games straight from the disc.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#25diggyfreshPosted 2/5/2013 12:56:10 AM
Doubt you'll ever be able to DL a disc to the Wii U HDD. But you can buy the digital version and DL it to a Wii U HDD.

Why? Who knows.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#26FoppePosted 2/5/2013 1:01:53 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Thunderbird8 posted...
mario7890 posted...
So why is that? The 360 and PS3 has that option to reduce loading times and to save wear and tear on the Disc Reading Drive.

The PS3 does not have this option. Or at least mine doesn't. The only "option" of this nature is the digital version of the game, which is the same option that the Wii U has.

Highlight the game. Press triangle. Y for 360.

So I don't have to wait for MGS4 to install each time I wanna play a different chapter now?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#27xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/5/2013 8:48:37 AM
It can't really that difficult to implement, can it? I really hope Nintendo steps up their game and starts doing things like this in the near future. They have to start offering things like this that many of us want.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#28Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 9:22:26 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Thunderbird8 posted...
mario7890 posted...

The PS3 does not have this option. Or at least mine doesn't. The only "option" of this nature is the digital version of the game, which is the same option that the Wii U has.

Can't install games from the XMB, matey.
Some games have it be automatic, others have it as an option.
Some don't even need it, or have it.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#29ElitePosted 2/5/2013 11:01:03 PM
Why are you weighing the decision of buying a Wii U on such a trivial option? The disc drive was meant to read discs.

Nintendo has never even mentioned this as being a possibility either so I wouldn't be waiting on something that will not be implemented.

The 360 only introduced it as an option after the first major OS upgrade, and Sony only allows it for certain titles that cannot read off the 2x speed blu ray disc quick enough (and a few other games to bypass frequent loading). Hardly a standardized feature.
#30wskingwsPosted 2/5/2013 11:14:09 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Beatperson14 posted...
Thunderbird8 posted...
mario7890 posted...

Can't install games from the XMB, matey.
Some games have it be automatic, others have it as an option.
Some don't even need it, or have it.

What he said ^^^^ . Mean while you can install EVERY Xbox 360 game to the hdd.
---
Twitter: @KINGSNATIONN