I am boycotting multiplats that skip a console

#1Warmonger222Posted 2/4/2013 3:59:18 PM
I will most likely not be buying the next XBox or Playstation anyway, but I will not buy any multiplats from now on, even if the Wii U isnt the console that gets skipped. I am doing this because I find it ridiculous to have a game be multiplat, but not available on all consoles. In some cases its understandable (You couldnt really put Skyrim on the Wii) but in most cases there is no reason a game that is on 2 consoles isnt on all 3. Either go multiplat or stay exclusive. Thats not to say I think the Wii U will miss all the multiplats because it is in its first few months, but once it gets a decent install base there will be no excuse for developers to ignore it.

</rant>
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#2ukokira1Posted 2/4/2013 4:00:28 PM
Then your missing out on good games and I pity you.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#3-NotoriousLynxPosted 2/4/2013 4:06:40 PM
Man I love being an idort.
#4Warmonger222(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:07:14 PM
ukokira1 posted...
Then your missing out on good games and I pity you.

There arent really that many I care about. Most multiplats dont really interest me very much. There will be some such as Skyrim that I had a great time with, but for the most part I wont really miss them. Dont give me this huge list of games and say I am factually wrong; because I'm not saying there aren't good ones, just that few interest me.
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#5Enigma149Posted 2/4/2013 4:07:22 PM
You're going to miss out on some good games.

Out of curiosity, will you also boycott games on the Vita, PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the 3DS), or on the PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the PC)?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#6Virus66Posted 2/4/2013 4:08:02 PM
It really only makes sense from a monetary aspect. Why put Tomb Raider on the Wii U if there are only 2 million owners and the game will struggle to break 500k sales? The developer/publisher just won't admit to that though so they make up some crap about "not being able to figure anything for the controller". >_<
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#7RahzarXPosted 2/4/2013 4:10:58 PM
Virus66 posted...
It really only makes sense from a monetary aspect. Why put Tomb Raider on the Wii U if there are only 2 million owners and the game will struggle to break 500k sales? The developer/publisher just won't admit to that though so they make up some crap about "not being able to figure anything for the controller". >_<

We're talking about next-gen here my little virus. No one cares about 360 and Ps3 games anymore.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#8Warmonger222(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:12:27 PM
Enigma149 posted...
You're going to miss out on some good games.

Out of curiosity, will you also boycott games on the Vita, PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the 3DS), or on the PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the PC)?

I will not count handhelds or PC. If a game is on Wii U, PS4 and XBox its fair game. If its on XBox/PS4, PS4/WIIU or 720/WIIU I will not, but were there ANY multiplats this gen on wii and PS3/360 but not both?
---
#9Warmonger222(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:14:46 PM
Virus66 posted...

I will accept multiplats skipping it until around Christmas, but not after, especcially when the developers conveniently forget this to support the XBox/PS4 but still apply it to Nintendo. By Christmas the install base will be enough to justify porting.
---
#10DragonyeuwPosted 2/4/2013 4:27:46 PM
Serious question: at the end of the day what are you trying to accomplish by doing this?
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,