I am boycotting multiplats that skip a console

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I am boycotting multiplats that skip a console

User Info: Warmonger222

Warmonger222
3 years ago#1
I will most likely not be buying the next XBox or Playstation anyway, but I will not buy any multiplats from now on, even if the Wii U isnt the console that gets skipped. I am doing this because I find it ridiculous to have a game be multiplat, but not available on all consoles. In some cases its understandable (You couldnt really put Skyrim on the Wii) but in most cases there is no reason a game that is on 2 consoles isnt on all 3. Either go multiplat or stay exclusive. Thats not to say I think the Wii U will miss all the multiplats because it is in its first few months, but once it gets a decent install base there will be no excuse for developers to ignore it.

</rant>
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
3 years ago#2
Then your missing out on good games and I pity you.
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.

User Info: -NotoriousLynx

-NotoriousLynx
3 years ago#3
Man I love being an idort.

Warmonger222
3 years ago#4
ukokira1 posted...
Then your missing out on good games and I pity you.

There arent really that many I care about. Most multiplats dont really interest me very much. There will be some such as Skyrim that I had a great time with, but for the most part I wont really miss them. Dont give me this huge list of games and say I am factually wrong; because I'm not saying there aren't good ones, just that few interest me.
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
3 years ago#5
You're going to miss out on some good games.

Out of curiosity, will you also boycott games on the Vita, PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the 3DS), or on the PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the PC)?
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch

User Info: Virus66

Virus66
3 years ago#6
It really only makes sense from a monetary aspect. Why put Tomb Raider on the Wii U if there are only 2 million owners and the game will struggle to break 500k sales? The developer/publisher just won't admit to that though so they make up some crap about "not being able to figure anything for the controller". >_<
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
3 years ago#7
Virus66 posted...
It really only makes sense from a monetary aspect. Why put Tomb Raider on the Wii U if there are only 2 million owners and the game will struggle to break 500k sales? The developer/publisher just won't admit to that though so they make up some crap about "not being able to figure anything for the controller". >_<

We're talking about next-gen here my little virus. No one cares about 360 and Ps3 games anymore.
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

Warmonger222
3 years ago#8
Enigma149 posted...
You're going to miss out on some good games.

Out of curiosity, will you also boycott games on the Vita, PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the 3DS), or on the PS4, 720, and Wii U (but not the PC)?

I will not count handhelds or PC. If a game is on Wii U, PS4 and XBox its fair game. If its on XBox/PS4, PS4/WIIU or 720/WIIU I will not, but were there ANY multiplats this gen on wii and PS3/360 but not both?

Warmonger222
3 years ago#9
Virus66 posted...

I will accept multiplats skipping it until around Christmas, but not after, especcially when the developers conveniently forget this to support the XBox/PS4 but still apply it to Nintendo. By Christmas the install base will be enough to justify porting.

User Info: Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw
3 years ago#10
Serious question: at the end of the day what are you trying to accomplish by doing this?
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I am boycotting multiplats that skip a console

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived