Installing games to a hard drive

#1ZeroRaiderPosted 2/4/2013 5:13:42 PM
Does Wii U support this functionality? It is present in Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Is very nice. Makes games load quicker and they run super quiet.

I have an external hard drive I would like to use with Wii U. I know Wii U has USB 2.0 ports.

I know Wii U can read discs at 22 MB/sec; however, a USB 2.0 hard drive can be read at 33 MB/sec. This is a potential 50% read speed increase by installing a title to a USB 2.0 external.
#2jackorhoadsPosted 2/4/2013 5:14:34 PM
Can't do it.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#3ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:33:45 PM
That's lame.
#4Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 6:35:56 PM
Lame but hey given some time it could be implemented. Besides I don't even think the Wii U is that loud, unless it can rival launch 360s
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5The_Shadow_LinkPosted 2/4/2013 6:37:19 PM
Even if it was a feature. You wouldn't be able to install too many games on the current Wii U's due to their rather small sizes.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#6Baha05Posted 2/4/2013 6:38:15 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Even if it was a feature. You wouldn't be able to install too many games on the current Wii U's due to their rather small sizes.

Well TC did state the use of an external HDD.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:35:46 PM
I literally have to keep my Wii U in a closet because it is loud as hell.

Is there nowhere we can petition Nintendo to include this functionality?
#8Baha05Posted 2/6/2013 9:37:50 PM
ZeroRaider posted...
I literally have to keep my Wii U in a closet because it is loud as hell.

Is there nowhere we can petition Nintendo to include this functionality?

Customer Service?
---
#9picanoPosted 2/6/2013 10:50:22 PM(edited)
I honestly would like to hear one of these loud Wii Us with some common background sound for comparison. I don't know if mine is silent or makes some amount of noise... all I know is that it has never caught my attention while browsing Miiverse / playing a game.

That said... installing would be cool... (hell, I have my Wii hacked to do just that) but I've never noticed a problem with noise / have been wanting to go digital only. (Since I tend to bring my console around to different places)
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#10Baha05Posted 2/6/2013 10:51:10 PM
Well my old 360 was loud as hell so anything quieter then that is a-ok for me.
---