Installing games to a hard drive

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Installing games to a hard drive

User Info: ZeroRaider

ZeroRaider
4 years ago#1
Does Wii U support this functionality? It is present in Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Is very nice. Makes games load quicker and they run super quiet.

I have an external hard drive I would like to use with Wii U. I know Wii U has USB 2.0 ports.

I know Wii U can read discs at 22 MB/sec; however, a USB 2.0 hard drive can be read at 33 MB/sec. This is a potential 50% read speed increase by installing a title to a USB 2.0 external.

User Info: jackorhoads

jackorhoads
4 years ago#2
Can't do it.
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd

ZeroRaider
4 years ago#3
That's lame.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 years ago#4
Lame but hey given some time it could be implemented. Besides I don't even think the Wii U is that loud, unless it can rival launch 360s
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

User Info: The_Shadow_Link

The_Shadow_Link
4 years ago#5
Even if it was a feature. You wouldn't be able to install too many games on the current Wii U's due to their rather small sizes.
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~

Baha05
4 years ago#6
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Even if it was a feature. You wouldn't be able to install too many games on the current Wii U's due to their rather small sizes.

Well TC did state the use of an external HDD.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U

ZeroRaider
4 years ago#7
I literally have to keep my Wii U in a closet because it is loud as hell.

Is there nowhere we can petition Nintendo to include this functionality?

Baha05
4 years ago#8
ZeroRaider posted...
I literally have to keep my Wii U in a closet because it is loud as hell.

Is there nowhere we can petition Nintendo to include this functionality?

Customer Service?

User Info: picano

picano
4 years ago#9
I honestly would like to hear one of these loud Wii Us with some common background sound for comparison. I don't know if mine is silent or makes some amount of noise... all I know is that it has never caught my attention while browsing Miiverse / playing a game.

That said... installing would be cool... (hell, I have my Wii hacked to do just that) but I've never noticed a problem with noise / have been wanting to go digital only. (Since I tend to bring my console around to different places)
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!

Baha05
4 years ago#10
Well my old 360 was loud as hell so anything quieter then that is a-ok for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Installing games to a hard drive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived