How good is the gamepad for fps's?

#1hellbringherPosted 2/4/2013 7:27:53 PM
Going to grab BL II if it doesn't play like crap.
---
News - EA does not like the Wii U. Fanboy - good they are horrible anyway.
#2DTY3Posted 2/4/2013 7:29:51 PM
About as good as a normal Dual Analog controller.

In short, better with Wiimote.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#3_Sovereign_Posted 2/4/2013 10:10:32 PM
I often wonder why, with the inclusion of the screen, does everybody think it's harder to play? It's not like your thumbs have to stretch farther than on any other controller. Then again I've been able to adapt to any controller in less than 5 minutes.

Not directed at anyone, just mildly ranting
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#4ADHDguitarPosted 2/4/2013 10:19:47 PM
hellbringher posted...
Going to grab BL II if it doesn't play like crap.

It plays great actually, even with the Game Pad. But if you have an extra $50, pick up a Pro Controller.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#5OlimarxPosted 2/4/2013 11:38:35 PM
Kicking ass on CoD like it's a gameboy feels really awesome. I was really skeptic at first too.
---
My mission is to kill time, and time's to kill me in its turn. How comfortable one is among murderers. - Emile M. Cioran
#6nbean16Posted 2/4/2013 11:39:29 PM
The one difficulty is hitting the shoulder buttons. Takes practice to get good with grenades and such again. Having the entire map on the control instead of the mini map is a huge plus though.
#7selfdeztructionPosted 2/4/2013 11:40:42 PM
The GP works great for any FPS,I'm also a 360/PS3 owner and nothing about the Wii U took getting used to because it feels familiar enough.

The GP will be better for FPSes and other games with a HUD if it moves the info to the GP and gives us a nice,uncluttered and HUDless image on the tv.

The HUDless tv screen helped the immersion of Zombi U and it added to the realism.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#8PendragoonPosted 2/5/2013 12:23:06 AM
The analogs have zero deadzone, set up the triggers to work like the 360 controller for the best results.

If you can learn the Wii Remote however, do it, the game's auto aim and lag compensation gives them a massive advantage. I watched someone spaz across the screen spraying a FAL and every shot hit me no matter where he fired.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#9IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 12:24:12 AM

And not as good as Mouse+Keyboard
#10ZvolTxPosted 2/5/2013 12:32:11 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

And not as good as Mouse+Keyboard

I prefer WM+N over KB+M for FPS, but yeah for anything else KB+M is best.

Mostly just because I'm far better with WM+N than I am with KB+M when it comes to aiming.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg