How good is the gamepad for fps's?

#11IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 12:33:07 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
About as good as a normal Dual Analog controller.

In short, better with Wiimote.

And not as good as Mouse+Keyboard

I prefer WM+N over KB+M for FPS, but yeah for anything else KB+M is best.

Mostly just because I'm far better with WM+N than I am with KB+M when it comes to aiming.

You'll probably want to look into Oculus Rift and some of the mods being made for it already.
#12ElectricMolePosted 2/5/2013 12:36:09 AM
gamepad is great for shooters of the first person perspective.

wii u really needs an exclusve one though that really shows off what the extra screen can be used for.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#13ZvolTxPosted 2/5/2013 12:45:45 AM

Mostly just because I'm far better with WM+N than I am with KB+M when it comes to aiming.

You'll probably want to look into Oculus Rift and some of the mods being made for it already.

Wow that's looking really awesome haha. It's getting pretty good support so far too! Definitely gonna keep my eye on this. Thanks for the heads up!
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#14FlyinTonitePosted 2/5/2013 12:48:17 AM
I actually prefer the gamepad to the 360 and ps3 controllers for fps. I have big hands and the spacing feels more natural on the gamepad.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#15IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 12:57:01 AM

Wow that's looking really awesome haha. It's getting pretty good support so far too! Definitely gonna keep my eye on this. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem bud, there was a mod someone made for it today for Halflife 2 that uses a motion sensing gun so I figured you might be interested.
#16ZvolTxPosted 2/5/2013 1:04:41 AM
Wow. Just wow. Reading up on the HL2 motion tracking with the gun that sounds absolutely incredible! Gun movement independent from camera. Okay yeah I'm DEFINITELY interested now.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#17apocalyptic_4Posted 2/5/2013 1:07:01 AM
black ops 2 plays great with it.

i only use the gamepad and actually prefer it over my 360 controller.

but thats because im more use to using the pad now.
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse
#18diggyfreshPosted 2/5/2013 1:09:08 AM
DTY3 posted...

I disagree. Wiimote is the way to go. You can customize the control to a perfect fit.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#19IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 1:10:49 AM
Wow. Just wow. Reading up on the HL2 motion tracking with the gun that sounds absolutely incredible! Gun movement independent from camera. Okay yeah I'm DEFINITELY interested now.

Yep, it's truly the most revolutionary thing in gaming in quite some time. It changes first person games forever.

The guy is adding natural iron sights and a ton of other things, insaaaaaane
#20DTY3Posted 2/5/2013 1:43:45 PM

why do you post this every time I praise the wiimote.

Seriously i myself have told you that KM>WM>DA

but you still insist on replying with that every time. Also it's irrelevant. TC isnt getting it for PC. So why even bring it up and reply to someone who you know already knows this?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.