Tier the Nintendo Systems (that you've played)

#11ADHDguitarPosted 2/4/2013 9:52:36 PM
NES
Game Cube
Wii
Favorite: N64

All the handhelds are amazing though, I can't pick a favorite.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#12manjiPosted 2/4/2013 9:53:19 PM
SNES
NES
GameBoy
Nintendo 64
Gamecube
GameBoy Advance
Wii U
Wii

though i think by the end of the Wii U's life cycle, it will move up a notch. as a note i'd like to say i love all of these systems.
#13AMGPosted 2/4/2013 10:16:06 PM
1) SNES
2) NES
3) N64
4) NDS
5) Wii
6) GCN

*The Wii U is still too new to rank.
#14TerotrousPosted 2/4/2013 10:58:46 PM
Consoles:

SNES
NES
Wii
N64
GC

Not that competitive. The only contentious point is NES vs Wii. NES was more innovative but Wii has more variety in its library, could go either way. N64 and GC were clearly dark days for Nintendo where 3rd-party support basically didn't exist. Wii represents a clear step back towards what made Nintendo great.

Handhelds:

GBA
DS
GB(C)

Handhelds is much more debatable, there's almost no wrong ordering here. I find GBA is the most "solid", it has a lot of really well-polished 2D games that stand among the best the 16-bit era has to offer. DS has more variety but is more of a mixed bag quality-wise. GB / GBC is a vast unexplored frontier of a billion games that no one's ever heard about or played. It may hold many as yet unknown hidden gems, but as of right now I'm aware of the smallest number of good games for it.

Wii U / 3DS not included as they're still very new. Virtual Boy is so bad it doesn't even count.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#15DynheartPosted 2/4/2013 11:02:36 PM
SNES>GC>NES>Wii>N64
GBA>DS>GBC>GB

I'm not going to tier the Wii U or 3DS yet, as it's way to damn early to. I'll wait towards the end of their life cycle.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#16UmitenchoPosted 2/4/2013 11:28:14 PM
Snes
Cube
#17UmitenchoPosted 2/4/2013 11:28:52 PM
CarbonizerMike posted...
#1: NES
#2: SNES
#3: Wii
#4: Nintendo 64
#5: GameCube

Handhelds? Those are harder to rank. I feel like all of Nintendo's portable systems were amazing, except for the 3DS, which I'm disappointed with. Of course I'm completely ignoring the Virtual Boy, which I feel doesn't really need to be discussed.

[Edit: Forgot about the Wii U. Too early to rank the system. I'll have better thoughts on it after this next holiday season and more games.]

The Gameboy Micro was the worst.
#18IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/4/2013 11:30:33 PM
Consoles:

SNES > GCN > NES > N64 > Wii

Handhelds:

GBA > DS > GB/C > 3DS

3DS is only at the end because it's still taking off.
#19FooFighters25Posted 2/4/2013 11:33:24 PM
Gamecube>N64>Wii>NES

Never owned an SNES, too soon for the Wii-U, not including handhelds.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#20Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/4/2013 11:41:43 PM(edited)
Keep in mind, I never hated any of Nintendo's devices. The ones on the top of my list are my favorites, but the ones near the bottom are by no means hated by me at all.

SNES
NES
Wii U
N64
Wii
GCN

Never owned or played a Virtual Boy, so it's excluded. It would likely be last.

As for Handhelds:

GBA
DS
3DS
GBC
GB

Game & Watch is excluded because they were out before I was born and I was too young to know to look for them when I got an NES in '88. Now they're not even available without paying huge prices on eBay.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash