Did New Super Mario Bros. U effectively f*** up Nintendo's plans?

#11Godstriker8Posted 2/4/2013 11:50:55 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The game has an insane attach rate. Close to 70% of Wii U owners bought this game. That percentage keeps going up every week too.

Probably because its the only decent Wii U exclusive outside of Nintendo Land.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#12poo111111111111Posted 2/4/2013 11:55:40 PM
I can see NSMBU being a long term seller myself. Like the others in the series were.
#13diggyfreshPosted 2/5/2013 12:34:03 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
New Super Mario Bros. Wii was a titan of a seller, yet NSMBU can barely keep the Wii U units moving along. What happened there? Shouldnt Wii Us be flying off the shelf because of that game?

I think Nintendo put a lot of their initial sales projections for the Wii U with NSMBU as the reason they thought the console would be selling better

Possibly? How do the games' sales compare?

And does NSMBU fail at moving systems? It could be moving many systems. There are plenty of other reasons for slow sales. I think N has pointed out that sales are weak because of lack of 3rd party interest.

And are sales that bad that we should blame NSMBU?
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#14Banjo2553Posted 2/5/2013 12:35:08 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
The game has an insane attach rate. Close to 70% of Wii U owners bought this game. That percentage keeps going up every week too.

Well, we'll see when more must-haves come out.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#15diggyfreshPosted 2/5/2013 12:40:17 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...

Well, we'll see when more must-haves come out.

SSBU and X will probably triple sales. Zelda will boost it too.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#16Banjo2553Posted 2/5/2013 12:41:43 AM
diggyfresh posted...

Yeah, very most likely. Just saying that anything with the Mario name is bound to sell tons.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#1740DribylfPosted 2/5/2013 12:53:08 AM

I doubt X will have an effect on sales. And Zelda isn't exactly a system seller, it has modest sales compared to the rest of Nintendo's franchises.

SSB is a system seller, however, that will push consoles. That and Mario Kart.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#18AhnoldDoodPosted 2/5/2013 1:00:45 AM
Yeah, Nintendo is sure sad, what with NSMBU's large attatch rate. Rome wasn't built in a day, and games like NSMBW didn't sell 20 mil+ in a few days.
#19AhnoldDoodPosted 2/5/2013 1:03:29 AM
Olimarx posted...
But to people who were eager to get n64 for mario 64 or wii for wii sports, Ninty Land and nsmbu were just not appealing enough.

Mario 64 wasn't really a system seller. Galaxy 1 & 2 sold more. And they still don't compare to the sales of 2D Mario overall.
#20The_Shadow_LinkPosted 2/5/2013 1:30:16 AM
Pah, all this nonsense about Attach Rate and what not.

U has only sold around 10 to 20% of what Wii did in the same time frame. Wii was well beyond 10 Million Copies at this time, there's a massive 8 Million less sales for it. And since both games are considered System Sellers don't say there isn't enough games for the console as an excuse. Most people got a Wii and Only bought New Super Mario Bros Wii on it ever. That was the only game they ever played. The same can easily be said for U, espicially with it's large "Attach Rate" you guys keep talking about.

So, it's fair to see that if Nintendo's Plan was to release a 2D Mario Platformer on both of their new consoles and make 10 Million, or even 5 Million quick sales in under 2 months then it's fair to say Nintendo's Plan Failed. Probably because of Oversaturation and most people not being idiots and noticing the fairly minimal amount of differences between the games.

Nintendo should just try to get Animal Crossing out worldwide now, considering how insanely well the game is selling over in Japan, and would probably do very well over hear as well.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~