The Witcher 3 on Wii U?

#31FlyinTonitePosted 2/5/2013 1:05:17 AM
Calling any console "top of the line," is facepalm worthy imo.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#32ZvolTxPosted 2/5/2013 1:06:02 AM
Jaime_Benn posted...
It'll probably only be on the next microsoft console and PC

For some reason I thought that said Minecraft at first.

I was confused.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
#33diablogamerPosted 2/5/2013 1:39:24 AM
Next gen consoles only TC so no no Witcher on Wii U. The fanbase of the Wii U wouldnt support it anyway for obvious reasons.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#34Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/5/2013 1:42:00 AM
Even if the Wii U was capable of running it, developers look at the Wii U owners as people who does not play those types of games. They enjoy being a fat Italian plumber who jumps on top of turtles or take control of ants to move fruit around an objective those are the type of gamers that Nintendo attracts
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#35VanderZoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:05:35 AM
FlyinTonite posted...

That statement is face palm worthy, the next gen PS and Xbox have already been confirmed to be comparable to high end PC's. For the first few years, there will be more powerful consoles out there than medium PC's.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#36VanderZoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:06:59 AM
bronze4v4pro posted...
I think electricmole has it right. With the statement of "on all top of the line next gen consoles," they are implying at least one console is not to be considered top of the line and that obviously will be the wii u.

They said top of the line consoles, not 'top of the line next gen consoles". Important distinction.
---
necro00 - So she sounded really cute, and I saved her from dying a bunch of times, I messaged and talked to her for a few mins and she then blocked me wtf
#37Devil_wings00Posted 2/5/2013 3:45:31 AM
I don't mean to be a jerk but CDPR usually pushes the graphical limit with there games (seriously look up screen shots of witcher 2 maxed on PC) and if the wii u turns out to be the least graphically impressive machine (most likely) I can seriously see them not bothering.

I just hope that CDPR doesn't "consolify" the game like other games that have started on PC then later moved to consoles. I hope this remains a PC first then downscale to console kind of affair and not the reverse. I'd hate to open the options menu on witcher 3 to see nothing but a resolution slider. Just hope they don't forget where they came from. Then again they haven't been gobbled up by EA or another publisher yet so it should all be fine.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#38VanderZoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:53:42 AM(edited)
Devil_wings00 posted...
I don't mean to be a jerk but CDPR usually pushes the graphical limit with there games (seriously look up screen shots of witcher 2 maxed on PC) and if the wii u turns out to be the least graphically impressive machine (most likely) I can seriously see them not bothering.

I just hope that CDPR doesn't "consolify" the game like other games that have started on PC then later moved to consoles. I hope this remains a PC first then downscale to console kind of affair and not the reverse. I'd hate to open the options menu on witcher 3 to see nothing but a resolution slider. Just hope they don't forget where they came from. Then again they haven't been gobbled up by EA or another publisher yet so it should all be fine.

Ahh, the witcher 2 was already 'consolfied', it ran natively with a controller, and it was ported with an upgraded engine to the 360, and look how much better it was in just about every way other than creative things like story over the original witcher.

Stop with those "i hope consoles don't ruin it" nonsense, it's a myth. CDPR had to roughly double the size of the development team to make the witcher 3, whose to say they would even bother to attempt that if there weren't consoles there to provide the much needed extra sales?

And are you forgetting that this is running on next gen consoles? Which are going to be comparable to high end PC's? If anything is going to hold the game back, it's medium range PC's.
---
#39Devil_wings00Posted 2/5/2013 3:54:53 AM
VanderZoo posted...
FlyinTonite posted...

That statement is face palm worthy, the next gen PS and Xbox have already been confirmed to be comparable to high end PC's. For the first few years, there will be more powerful consoles out there than medium PC's.

lol no just no Considering almost all the recent rumors point to APU's which are NOT top of the line. They are second from the bottom of the line. That's horses*** PR BS at it's absolute finest. They say that because they know those who don't bother to look into the finer details will believe it. These consoles will not be 500-700 dollar, sold at a big loss, monsters like the PS3/360 were. Those days are gone.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#40VanderZoo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:57:40 AM
Devil_wings00 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
FlyinTonite posted...

lol no just no Considering almost all the recent rumors point to APU's which are NOT top of the line. They are second from the bottom of the line. That's horses*** PR BS at it's absolute finest. They say that because they know those who don't bother to look into the finer details will believe it. These consoles will not be 500-700 dollar, sold at a big loss, monsters like the PS3/360 were. Those days are gone.

Wrong, it wasn't PR, it's rumoured specs from many different developers who have leaked it. And the 360 was only $400 and it was pumping out better looking games than the PC in its first year, that's what started the whole "pc gaming is dying", because people were looking at the 360 and saying "who needs a pc when a $00 console can do this?".

PS3 was $600, not because of its power, but because of cell and blu-ray. A very powerful, $400 console seems very likely.
---