Have people forgotten?

#1UmitenchoPosted 2/4/2013 11:38:11 PM
The WiiU isn't the only time Nintendo has come up with system confusing names.

Rememeber the NES and SNES?

LAst I checked the SNES which was the NES successor sold less than the NES but I don't see anyone legitmately calling that system a failure.

The WiiU can go one of two ways.

The SNES: Sells less than its predecessor but still brings in strong total sale numbers.

G4DD or Virtual Boy: Utterly fail, and disappear to the point that Nintendo is forced to make a even stronger console, repeating the GameCube in some ways.

I know which path anti-Nintendo posters are wanting but I'll give the WiiU until the end of the year to make a final decision.
#2Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/4/2013 11:45:13 PM
Umitencho posted...
The WiiU isn't the only time Nintendo has come up with system confusing names.

People still give a **** about the Wii U's name? I haven't noticed since the name was announced a long while ago...
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#3selfdeztructionPosted 2/4/2013 11:46:31 PM
I still have and LOVE my VB,I never got headaches and I thought most of the games are fun.

I don't consider someone a gamer if that person wants a game company to fail or go out of business.

We all benefit when there are more game companies because they all have to try and be creative and unique if they want to succeed.
---
XBL / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Wii-U / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS XL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore
#4FoppePosted 2/4/2013 11:49:19 PM
How does one spell 64DD as G4DD?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5AdamLazarusoPosted 2/4/2013 11:50:30 PM
Super Nintendo Entertainment System implies an upgrade. Wii U just sounds like... I don't know what it sounds like but it doesn't sound like a sequel.

The naming of the 3DS and the Wii U were mistakes. I don't think enough people realise that they're entirely new systems.
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#6Umitencho(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:33:24 AM
Foppe posted...
How does one spell 64DD as G4DD?

typing too fast