after 3 months... lack of analog triggers still bothers me...

#1JSC3Posted 2/5/2013 12:42:23 AM
I have tried the Wii U and am planning to buy one but as soon as I heard that off-tv play was announced for virtual console, i thought about gamecube games being on it and imagined me playing mario sunshine on the gamepad. Then it hit me... how the heck was i going to scrub serena beach without running and squirting water at the same time??? Although GCN games havent even been rumored to appear on the virtual console, it was just a what if scenario of mine. And if Nintendo ever does make a Gamepad Pro with analog ZL and ZR triggers, i would buy it. thats my rant, now throw all you got at me.
---
Nintendo... Do us all a favor and BUY BACK RAREWARE!!!
#2Baha05Posted 2/5/2013 12:43:45 AM
Couldn't they jut make an adjustment to the game itself to use the gamepad?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#3Jaime_BennPosted 2/5/2013 12:45:50 AM
WoT
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#4JSC3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:48:59 AM
Baha05 posted...
Couldn't they jut make an adjustment to the game itself to use the gamepad?

They can but it was such a perfect control method. Not just sunshine but other games as well for Wii U, not the virtual console. It still seems pretty odd why Nintendo left it out in the first place.
---
Nintendo... Do us all a favor and BUY BACK RAREWARE!!!
#5apocalyptic_4Posted 2/5/2013 1:09:42 AM
i was actually thinking the same thing when Wind waker HD was announced.

isnt it gonna be a problem porting any other gamecube games that used analog trigers?
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse
#6IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 1:13:18 AM
Yeah... no reason to not have them. Racing games will never be right on the console.
#7ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/5/2013 2:00:40 AM
I doubt I'll be playing any games that make use of it but it's still a shame. If they had analog triggers the controller would have been good to go, it has everything else. How will we play Super Mario Sunshine if and when it's available on VC??? It's just weird that the old gamecube controller is capable of something the gamepad isn't.
#8VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/5/2013 3:36:15 AM
huh, the wii pad has a R and L button, I dont get it. You mean bumpers?
---
Ron Paul 2012
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 2/5/2013 3:51:16 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
huh, the wii pad has a R and L button, I dont get it. You mean bumpers?

how do you not get this? pick up a gcn, xbox/360 or ps3 controller, press their back triggers, no press the wii u's. do you see now?
#10PannerPosted 2/5/2013 4:45:14 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Yeah... no reason to not have them. Racing games will never be right on the console.

The Playstation didnt have them either but it had plenty of racers.
Devs can use the right stick for accelerate and brake. Most racking games gives this as an option anyway.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter