What new IPs are Nintendo bringing to the table?

#11BuretsuPosted 2/5/2013 5:46:59 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
lol only 10th post in an Buretsu is already relying on damage control.

I think icecreamdunwich is mature enough to realize that it's a simple question.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#12icarus231Posted 2/5/2013 5:50:20 AM
Buretsu posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Sony and Microsoft are all bringing new AAA IPs out

Like what? Only one I can really think of is Naughty Dog's Last of Us. Am I missing some big new IPs?

None, he is doing the usual make stuff up post
#13GloryChaosPosted 2/5/2013 5:52:27 AM
Nintendo ocassionally brings out new IPs. They just get ignored most of the time. And as already stated elsewhere, most of Nintendo's games that re-use titular characters could have been new games altogether. Look at Kid Icarus uprising. Great game, but it plays nothing like the old kid Icarus titles. The Mario sports games did not have to use Mario characters in order to succeed as wacky sports games (save for Strikers charged). Kirby's epic Yarn could have just been about Prince Fluff. Super Mario Bros. 2 US. The list goes on.

Little king's story was a new IP (not made by them but we aren't arguing that, are we?). A shame that the company went under. Sucks that people keep ignoring good games.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#1421_21Posted 2/5/2013 6:03:49 AM
diggyfresh posted...
Sony and Microsoft are all bringing new AAA IPs out, but it seems like Nintendo is being a bit sheepish and relying heavily on older IPs. Other than Monolith's X I really can't think of any new ones.

Does Wonderful 101 count?

I thought Wonderful 101 was a third party title developed by Platinumgames, and it's exclusive to WiiU, just like Bayonetta 2 was...
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#15Baha05Posted 2/5/2013 6:15:03 AM
Can you list some of the new IPs Sony and Microsoft are bringing to the table?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#16Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 6:21:12 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
lol only 10th post in an Buretsu is already relying on damage control.

No, he's right.

All Sony really has going for them is Last of Us, and Ratchet and Clank.

They managed to kill Twisted Metal in a single game. Which is astounding, because it took nearly five games for the series to grow stagnant.

God of War was never good, and people need to let it die.
It's tasteless and bland. I remember when the first one came out, I was 13. I looked at it, played it for five hours and thought it had the best tutorial I had ever played. Turned out I was at the end of the game...

Uncharted is a terrible, terrible series. As someone else had already stated, it's as predictable as a Scooby Doo episode.
And when you're a game that prides yourself on story, and it turns out your story sucks, then what? Pop-up shooting gallery gameplay isn't going to save it.

Resistance, neat idea. Aliens attack Earth after WWII, I like it. But it plays like spunkgargleweewee.

InFamous, one of the few Sony franchises I actually like. But the combat is awful, aiming is sluggish, Cole climbs like he's looking each brick over for a contact lens, and the story, while intriguing at first, grew stale. It was also stupid.

I won't start on Microsoft. They have like what... four, maybe five IPs.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#17Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 6:23:13 AM
21_21 posted...
diggyfresh posted...
Sony and Microsoft are all bringing new AAA IPs out, but it seems like Nintendo is being a bit sheepish and relying heavily on older IPs. Other than Monolith's X I really can't think of any new ones.

I thought Wonderful 101 was a third party title developed by Platinumgames, and it's exclusive to WiiU, just like Bayonetta 2 was...

Platinum's developing it, but Nintendo owns it.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#18berenddebeerPosted 2/5/2013 6:24:13 AM
Sony has AAA games? Where? I can only think of unchartedraider.
#1921_21Posted 2/5/2013 6:30:10 AM
berenddebeer posted...
Sony has AAA games? Where? I can only think of unchartedraider.

Heavy Rain, Littlebigplanet, God of War (well, some of them). If we're gonna look at all Sony platforms then Jak, Crash, Legend of Dragoon, etc.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#20monkeyspoonPosted 2/5/2013 6:38:41 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
21_21 posted...
diggyfresh posted...

Platinum's developing it, but Nintendo owns it.

Actually platinum own the ip. Nintendo are just publishing the game. There is nothing to stop platinum releasing a Bayonetta or a wonderful 101 sequel on other platforms.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)