What new IPs are Nintendo bringing to the table?

#41monkeyspoonPosted 2/5/2013 10:13:52 AM
Or they could say no thanks I'd rather make a multiplat game and make even more money. The only reason Nintendo have got platinum to make b2 for WiiU is because platinum were already making it for ps3 and 360 before sega dropped it and no other publishers wanted to take over.
---
PSN ID: monkeyspoon, XBL ID: monkeyspoon, Nintendo Network ID: monkeyspoon "I own the Vita and hate it" ShadowfxD2 (but still trolls the vita board)
#42FenderMasterPosted 2/5/2013 10:31:20 AM
Nintendo actually puts out quite a few new IP's...

It's just that they tend to be small, low budget digital games, handheld games, minigame compillations or rhythm games. Or they repurpose Mario/Wario characters into some bizarre minigame compillation.

Pushmo (brilliant)
Starfy (Japan only and boring)
Rhythm Heaven (apparantly great, but I don't care for Simon Says tap buttons to an on screen indicator sort of thing, seems like quick time events to me)
Wii Sports
Wii Fit
Wii Play
Wii Music
Nintendland
Oundan/EBA
Xenoblade
Mario and Luigi series
Pikmin
Luigi's Mansion
Chibi Robo
Steel Diver

It's not the most inspiring list, and a lot are based on existing NIntendo universes and franchises, but Pikmin and Xenoblade were proper meaty new console IP's
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#43icarus231Posted 2/5/2013 10:37:15 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Or they could say no thanks I'd rather make a multiplat game and make even more money. The only reason Nintendo have got platinum to make b2 for WiiU is because platinum were already making it for ps3 and 360 before sega dropped it and no other publishers wanted to take over.

Again Nintendo put up the money so my point is correct and you are wrong. Nintendo says here is the money and platinum so ok we will make it.
#44zatOMGPosted 2/5/2013 10:37:40 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Yep, truly a revolutionary company in the cinematic gaming frontier.

Cinematic gaming? Good lord that sounds patheticly trendy... in a good way. I think? Did I just fart?
#45STE573Posted 2/5/2013 11:01:37 AM
For the last time Nintendoland is not a new IP!!! You people don't know what IP is!
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#46FenderMasterPosted 2/5/2013 11:08:43 AM
STE573 posted...
For the last time Nintendoland is not a new IP!!! You people don't know what IP is!

If Nintendoland isn't a new IP, then neither was Warioware, it was just an extension of the Wario franchise, which in turn was an extension of the Mario Land franchise.

And Mario Kart is not a seperate IP from Mario.

Nintendoland is as much a new Ip as Smash Bros was. It just happens to be one that doesn't introduce any new worlds, characters or music.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#47STE573Posted 2/5/2013 11:21:34 AM
FenderMaster posted...
STE573 posted...

If Nintendoland isn't a new IP, then neither was Warioware, it was just an extension of the Wario franchise, which in turn was an extension of the Mario Land franchise.

And Mario Kart is not a seperate IP from Mario.

Nintendoland is as much a new Ip as Smash Bros was. It just happens to be one that doesn't introduce any new worlds, characters or music.

None of those are new IP, they are existing IP in a new game mechanic.

Is a game set in the star wars mythos a new IP?
Is a fighting game set in the Star Wars Mythos seperate IP from both?
Is then a Pod Racing game set in the same mythos new IP again separate from all previous IP using the same characters and concept?

What about Street Fighter X Tekken? DMC or Final Fantasy Tactics?

People who believe it is New IP need to define new IP in a reasonable way then some how tailor it to not fit any games that aren't direct sequels set in the same universe. Which is not possible.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#48FooFighters25Posted 2/5/2013 11:35:33 AM
I want to see F-Zero and Starfox get another installment first. Then they can worry about the next big IP.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#49drothegreat0nePosted 2/5/2013 11:41:21 AM
squatch22 posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
"For all we know nintendo might have a deal for first option to make B3 or they might have bought the rights along with publishing it"

I doubt it. Nintendo wouldn't buy the Bayonetta ip as they wouldn't know what to do with it if platinum wasn't developing. They are better off letting platinum develop it and they publish.

/facepalm

Because Nintendo has never let a 3rd party use a Nintendo IP before...

For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Oracle_of_Seasons_and_Oracle_of_Ages
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
This is why GFAQs moderation is terrible - http://i.imgur.com/nZmnlHM.png
#50djmaster1994Posted 2/5/2013 12:05:05 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Sony and Microsoft are all bringing new AAA IPs out, but it seems like Nintendo is being a bit sheepish and relying heavily on older IPs. Other than Monolith's X I really can't think of any new ones.

and what are those AAA IP
Sony has none
PSASBR is a fail
The Last of Us isn't out yet
Beyond Two Souls isn't out yet

Microsoft when was the last IP they created
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!