Ok, The Wonderful 101 does not look very good you guys.

#41Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/5/2013 5:47:30 AM
The only thing Ni no Kuni's topping is the GameFAQs PS3 message board list.

It's sold better than most JRPGs over here, but don't assume that means it became some runaway hit that's going to dethrone Call of Duty.
#42NewbiusPosted 2/5/2013 5:48:22 AM
It reminds me a lot of Pikmin and Veautiful Joe and I like both of those games.
#43mcsmellingtonPosted 2/5/2013 5:54:37 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
The only thing Ni no Kuni's topping is the GameFAQs PS3 message board list.

It's sold better than most JRPGs over here, but don't assume that means it became some runaway hit that's going to dethrone Call of Duty.

I never assumed it would. Its also top of the UK chart, by the way.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#44andrea987Posted 2/5/2013 6:03:03 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
andrea987 posted...
- Stating opinion as fact ("does not look very good"), check.
- Comparing game to budget game of three gens ago (ps1), check.
- Disliking one of the most acclaimed Nintendo series (Pikmin), check.

Seems legit.

**** man, you sound like a fanboy.

I'm a fan of gaming, if that's what you mean. Being gaming for the last 29 years of my life, on every system released, but thanks for the 'boy', it's flattering. Same answer goes to the obvious TTC (TrollTopicCreator).
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#45Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/5/2013 6:07:07 AM
From: andrea987 | #044I'm a fan of gaming, if that's what you mean. Being gaming for the last 29 years of my life, on every system released

I'm going to hold you to that statement. Do you own an FM Towns Marty or Bandai Pippin?
#46zatOMGPosted 2/5/2013 6:09:29 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
From: Poopcorn13 | #037Have you played the game? How do you know how simple it is? I ask because I really doubt that, given it's directed by Kamiya. If anything, I feel the game'll be a lot like Viewtiful Joe. Simple combat, but the enemy types and abilities will keep it constantly fresh and give it charm.

I obviously can't make any final judgments about the game since it isn't even finished, but the combat doesn't look any more nuanced or varied than whacking the enemies with your absurdly oversized attacks (seriously, that sword takes up the entire screen) until you can activate your Pikmin-inspired mass attack. Bayonetta and MGR:R are like this too, where the entire combat engine is just a gateway to being able to use torture attacks/boss QTEs or Blade Mode, but it looks to be even more accentuated here.

From: Poopcorn13 | #037And why not? Who said they can't make an enjoyable game that marketed to a wider audience?

I said it. Platinum is at their best when they're reveling in gleeful violence and sexuality. Having them make a kids' game for Nintendo is just a waste of their talents.

You dictate when they (Platinum) are at their best? Winner! Good thing you call the shots, it would be horrible for Platinum to add something new to their repertoire!
#47andrea987Posted 2/5/2013 6:26:44 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
From: andrea987 | #044I'm a fan of gaming, if that's what you mean. Being gaming for the last 29 years of my life, on every system released

I'm going to hold you to that statement. Do you own an FM Towns Marty or Bandai Pippin?

Lol, no, but I did see a Pippin at a friend's house. The one's I own (or owned) are:
ZX Spectrum48, Vic20, C64, Amiga500, Nes, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Atari Lynx, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox, 360.
---
Now playing: Dragon's Dogma, Batman AC, Fifa 13, Sonic Racing.
Just finished: Trine 2 DC.
#48Poopcorn13Posted 2/5/2013 6:31:49 AM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
From: Poopcorn13 | #037Have you played the game? How do you know how simple it is? I ask because I really doubt that, given it's directed by Kamiya. If anything, I feel the game'll be a lot like Viewtiful Joe. Simple combat, but the enemy types and abilities will keep it constantly fresh and give it charm.

I obviously can't make any final judgments about the game since it isn't even finished, but the combat doesn't look any more nuanced or varied than whacking the enemies with your absurdly oversized attacks (seriously, that sword takes up the entire screen) until you can activate your Pikmin-inspired mass attack. Bayonetta and MGR:R are like this too, where the entire combat engine is just a gateway to being able to use torture attacks/boss QTEs or Blade Mode, but it looks to be even more accentuated here.

Understandable.

From: Poopcorn13 | #037And why not? Who said they can't make an enjoyable game that marketed to a wider audience?

I said it. Platinum is at their best when they're reveling in gleeful violence and sexuality. Having them make a kids' game for Nintendo is just a waste of their talents.

You know, you're right. Gleeful violence is their strong suit. (Anarchy Reigns: Pile-drive a ****ing Helicopter.) But this is a chance to see just how accessible they are. To see how exciting the game could be without gratuitous violence. Maybe that's why I look forward to this game than I do Bayonetta 2. The potential.

If I find myself bored throughout the game, then you're absolutely right.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#4921_21Posted 2/5/2013 6:32:38 AM
When you play it, it's a different story. I thought the game wasn't anything special at first, but when I played it, god it was amazing...it's my next title to get for WiiU.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#50JobocanPosted 2/5/2013 6:32:48 AM
Poopcorn13 posted...
Anyway TC, it just sounds like you're not a fan of crowd-control gameplay.

It's not "crowd control" gameplay, why do people keep saying that? It's an action game in the style of Bayonetta and the good DMC games. And, again, it's great, the Project P-100 demo I played was tons of fun.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection