Ok, The Wonderful 101 does not look very good you guys.

#61mcsmellingtonPosted 2/5/2013 8:53:53 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
mcsmellington posted...
Gencoil posted...
You sure you guys aren't just judging the game unfairly because it has a cartoony style? I've been noticing this a lot with games in recent years, people tend to shy away from stuff like that. Everyone wants realism these days.

Is that why Ni No Kuni is topping the charts?

Ni No Kuni had Ghibli's name to make people go 'omgawd masterpiece' before there was even any gameplay trailer.

I think the almost universal praise its received has probably helped sales along a little more.
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#62PigfartsPosted 2/5/2013 8:59:21 AM
AdamLazaruso posted...
I've heard a lot of hype about this game and just checked it out and I do not like the look of it at all. I like the idea of playing as a load of different superheroes and all that but the gameplay doesn't look like anything great - it actually reminds me of the sort of thing you might see in a budget PS1 title.

What do you all reckon?

thats whats I thought alsoI noticed in a magize something looks really good others looked like a budget title, the game looked like fun though. I wonder if it plays like a 2013 smash tv would play.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#63Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/5/2013 9:24:10 AM(edited)
Bahamut_10th posted...
mcsmellington posted...
Gencoil posted...
You sure you guys aren't just judging the game unfairly because it has a cartoony style? I've been noticing this a lot with games in recent years, people tend to shy away from stuff like that. Everyone wants realism these days.

Is that why Ni No Kuni is topping the charts?

Ni No Kuni had Ghibli's name to make people go 'omgawd masterpiece' before there was even any gameplay trailer.

I think the almost universal praise its received has probably helped sales along a little more.

Where do you think that near-universal praise came from? It certainly wasn't the piddly, boring-ass battle system.

It was because Ghibli is the Pixar of Japan, meaning that anything associated with it is automatically praised to high heaven.
#64kissdadookiePosted 2/5/2013 9:32:11 AM
MathewManson posted...
Reminds me of Pikmin.

It's a lot like Pikmin but plays more like a full on action game rather than strategic like Pikmin plays. I played the demo at the Wii U Experience twice through. It's pretty decent, overhyped, but a good game nonetheless.
#65Board_hunter567Posted 2/5/2013 11:33:54 AM
Well we know it's a Kamiya game and that it has dodge offset.
True, we're still in the dark about a lot of things, but I say with the pedigree behind it it's worth it to keep an open mind until it's released.
#66Skill4ReelPosted 2/5/2013 11:44:34 AM
I reckon that I'm in total disagreement with you. The Wonderful 101 looks excellent to me. Not sure I understand what PS1 game play looks like, and I'm almost certain that you don't know either.

The game play is simple action attack patterns. Very similar to God of War, but no one would ever say Sony's series reminds them of a PS1 game.
#67PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/5/2013 12:31:04 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
The only problem to me so far is the stupid name. Should have stuck with P-101

---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#68Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/5/2013 1:12:52 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
The only problem to me so far is the stupid name. Should have stuck with P-101

Right, because it worked out so well for sales when Capcom titled a game "PN03."
#69LonelyGoombaPosted 2/5/2013 1:24:36 PM
honestly this game will not be bad

probably a 7 at lowest from what I've seen
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
Please check out my YT channel, even if you hate it, thats fine.
#70Dust91Posted 2/5/2013 1:26:21 PM
AdamLazaruso posted...
I've heard a lot of hype about this game and just checked it out and I do not like the look of it at all. I like the idea of playing as a load of different superheroes and all that but the gameplay doesn't look like anything great - it actually reminds me of the sort of thing you might see in a budget PS1 title.

What do you all reckon?

It plays and looks like Pikmin, big surprise coming from Nintendo.