Does the Wii U have a game install option?

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/5/2013 3:46:22 AM
One of my favorite features on my xbox360 is to install a game to my hard drive so I don't have to listen to the whirring and clicking of a disc playing, that and it prevents wear from the disc drive. I remember the Wii getting a bit loud with games that have to constantly load stuff.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 3:50:05 AM
Don't think so, and the Wii U is actually one of the louder consoles as far as disc spin as the thing constantly spins the disc... yeah.
#3VeryDarkSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:53:10 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Don't think so, and the Wii U is actually one of the louder consoles as far as disc spin as the thing constantly spins the disc... yeah.

Ah :S I was hoping Nintendo would have used some high capacity cartridges or something for the Wii U. Why can't consoles get away from the lousy discs? Too many moving parts, sigh.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#4MathewMansonPosted 2/5/2013 3:54:39 AM
The Wii U is silent. If yours is making noise, there's something wrong.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#5diggyfreshPosted 2/5/2013 4:10:22 AM
MathewManson posted...

Not true. The drive spins constantly, unless there's no disk in it.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#6IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 4:11:31 AM
diggyfresh posted...
MathewManson posted...

Not true. The drive spins constantly, unless there's no disk in it.

Which wears down the life of the console.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7FoppePosted 2/5/2013 4:21:10 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...

Ah :S I was hoping Nintendo would have used some high capacity cartridges or something for the Wii U. Why can't consoles get away from the lousy discs? Too many moving parts, sigh.

Because it will never happen unless you find a way to mass produce high capacity cartridges cheaper than the few cents it takes to press a disc.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8fuzi11Posted 2/5/2013 6:34:43 AM
I may be in the minority here, but I play my games with sound 'on' and music 'on'.
#9Thunderbird8Posted 2/5/2013 6:51:15 AM
Nintendo was the only one of the console companies to use cartridges in the PS/N64/Saturn era, and look where THAT got them.
#10Baha05Posted 2/5/2013 7:07:42 AM
Which wears down the life of the console.

Which would take a while unless you constantly play the system. The 360 didn't even have the option until a few years into it's lifespan.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U