I have to stop playing after like an hour because my wrists star hurting ;_;

#11kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/5/2013 5:16:32 AM
inb4tccantinb4
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#12Rasputin77Posted 2/5/2013 5:32:28 AM
Try changing the angles of your elbows while you play. If your wrists hurt, bring your elbows in towards your sides - it should put less pressure on them.

When you take a break, stretch them (gently) in the opposite direction you've been flexing them (down).

Sorry to raise the maturity level for a second. We now return you to your regularly scheduled neuroticism. ;D
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#13b1gt0nePosted 2/5/2013 5:38:40 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Try changing the angles of your elbows while you play. If your wrists hurt, bring your elbows in towards your sides - it should put less pressure on them.

When you take a break, stretch them (gently) in the opposite direction you've been flexing them (down).

Sorry to raise the maturity level for a second. We now return you to your regularly scheduled neuroticism. ;D

*tosses Rasputin out of forum like Brainy Smurf out of Smurf village*
#14Zozzilla_MkIIPosted 2/5/2013 5:49:10 AM
My little fingers start to go numb and my elbows ache when I play with ANY controller for a while. :D Also my wrist burns and my hand goes numb if I use a mouse.

RSI is awesome.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/bwym0.png ~ by Dante_destroyer
http://i50.tinypic.com/affyap.jpg ~ By itachi15243
#15Tauro_FcPosted 2/5/2013 5:55:04 AM
HellsingOrg posted...

This f***ing gamepad is light BUT after holding onto it (not sitting it down on your lap)

That is your first mistake. I've been gaming for like 20 years and I always play with my arms resting on something, table, chair, my lap, the floor/bed (if I'm laying down), etc. The only reason to play with your arms not sitting on anything is if your standing up.
#16Pkshootout13Posted 2/5/2013 6:07:25 AM
Tauro_Fc posted...
HellsingOrg posted...

This f***ing gamepad is light BUT after holding onto it (not sitting it down on your lap)

That is your first mistake. I've been gaming for like 20 years and I always play with my arms resting on something, table, chair, my lap, the floor/bed (if I'm laying down), etc. The only reason to play with your arms not sitting on anything is if your standing up.

No matter what game I play (aside from handhelds) i always sit up, lean forward, and rest my elbows on my knees. If I'm not leaning forward then i will suck at whatever game it is. good example would be halo. If i tried playing while leaned back I'd probably go 5 kills 12 deaths. If i lean forward I'll go 16 kills 5 deaths.
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
RAVENS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!
#17HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:45:59 AM
Rasputin77 posted...

oh ok thanks i will try this.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#18P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/5/2013 6:54:46 AM
http://video.adultswim.com/metalocalypse/too-much-jacking-off.html
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#19wingo84Posted 2/5/2013 8:05:26 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
wingo84 posted...
This is the single most ridiculous thing I think I have ever read. Congrats!

why?
Is it so hard to believe that my wrists hurt after playing on the gamepad for a couple hours?
Why would I lie about something like this?

I never said you lied, just that it's ridiculous ... There is no extra stretch for your hands/thumbs. The distance apart has no effect on the angle of your wrists, if you hold it normally that is.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#20Mattatron42Posted 2/5/2013 8:25:49 AM
my wrist starts hurting after awhile of playing, but that goes for any controller I use. skateboarding has destroyed my wrists over the years. rasputin has the right idea, stretch your wrist once in awhile.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron