So I showed my brother the trailer for X.

#11Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 5:48:01 AM
TalesRevanant posted...
It's impressive but if you've seen some of the high end games on PS3, it pales in comparison. I'm not sure why everyone is praising the graphics so much. Might just be a Nintendo thing.

Outside of Sonic Generations, I actually haven't seen that many PS3 games that look as good as X, if any. MGR, maybe.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#12MisterSmeePosted 2/5/2013 5:56:50 AM
Looks a bit dull to me. The monster designs are nice and all, but everything looks a bit washed out. Ill reserve judgement till i see the game running but so far its not jaw dropping.
#13NewbiusPosted 2/5/2013 7:04:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14NewbiusPosted 2/5/2013 7:08:50 AM
TalesRevanant posted...
It's impressive but if you've seen some of the high end games on PS3, it pales in comparison. I'm not sure why everyone is praising the graphics so much. Might just be a Nintendo thing.

A lot of games for PS3 are quite linear so that is why those games look better. However, X is an open world RPG with massive real time draw distance. I think the scale for X even far surpasses Skyrim and that is saying a lot.
#15jackorhoadsPosted 2/5/2013 7:23:02 AM
TalesRevanant posted...

Alot of stuff on the ps3 is just to look at, take FF13, looks amazing buts its a straight line. People are hoping with this game its an expansive game like Xenoblade, that also looks great.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#16mashuPosted 2/5/2013 7:27:07 AM
MisterSmee posted...
Looks a bit dull to me. The monster designs are nice and all, but everything looks a bit washed out. Ill reserve judgement till i see the game running but so far its not jaw dropping.

This.

Visually its a let down for me compared to Xenoblade in terms of art direction, style and vibrancy of color. Nonetheless, it does look technically amazing and I expect the gameplay and size of the world will make it pretty astonishing anyway. Absolutely cannot wait for it, despite the change in style.
#17HungoverHero777Posted 2/5/2013 7:29:12 AM
MisterSmee posted...

Well, you have to keep in mind it's still early in development.
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#18cucumberkingPosted 2/5/2013 8:46:30 AM
mashu posted...
MisterSmee posted...

This.

Visually its a let down for me compared to Xenoblade in terms of art direction, style and vibrancy of color. Nonetheless, it does look technically amazing and I expect the gameplay and size of the world will make it pretty astonishing anyway. Absolutely cannot wait for it, despite the change in style.

As far the vibrancy, some places in Xenoblade were really brown and dull. The area in the X trailer might be the worst looking area, who knows.
#19IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 9:21:47 AM
Why'd it hit the floor?
#20sonicsonicPosted 2/5/2013 9:26:57 AM
TalesRevanant posted...

Xenoblade had a huge world to explore. The textures and graphics themselves were complete turd, but despite this they managed to make the world look amazing. Standing on the Bionis and looking at it hanging above you was a spectacle and so were many other locations they took you too.

They're certainly are PS3/360 games that are just as good as this, but the sheer scale of the fields in Xenoblade suggest that pulling off a game that looks this good, this early in the WiiU's lifespan is no small feat.