I find it funny that a lot of people on this board talk about how graphics...

#1AdamLazarusoPosted 2/5/2013 5:14:08 AM
...don't matter and then as soon as a trailer for a game with pretty graphics (X) is released it's all they can do to avoid splooging all over their keyboards.

Wassupwitdat?
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#2squatch22Posted 2/5/2013 5:17:08 AM
I can appreciate good graphics. But to me they arent the be all and end all.
I wont condemn a game to be instantly crap if it doesnt have the best graphics ever made, unlike some on this board.
My fave games are all PS1 era or even older, so graphics dont make a game good for me.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3-NotoriousLynxPosted 2/5/2013 5:17:53 AM
Graphics =/= Aesthetics

I think super realistic graphics like Crysis look ugly, boring, and unimaginative. Wonderful 101's art style is beautiful.
#4knightimexPosted 2/5/2013 8:01:28 AM
I'm a pc gamer as well as console gamer.
I still enjoy playing games like Minecraft, Cave Story +, Secret of Mana (snes), Links Awakening DX(gameboy color) and even Crystalis (nes)
---
Old School Games FTW!
#5SychinLegacyPosted 2/5/2013 8:10:34 AM
I think its funny how a lot of people on this board talk about graphics being the ONLY things that matter. And then a PC gamer comes by and laughs.
#6TheTrueNubPosted 2/5/2013 8:14:17 AM
Appreciating good graphics =/= requiring
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#7MotiJrPosted 2/5/2013 8:14:32 AM
You clearly misunderstand. People here don't say graphics don't matter, they say graphics don't matter when they are focused on more than gameplay and game mechanics. I am one of them. Last gen was the generation of style over substance where gameplay was sacrificed for pretty graphics. Xenoblade was an amazing game but the graphics were not exactly astounding although for the Wii, they were great. If this game is anything like Xenoblade Chronicles, the gameplay will be amazing and it will look great too.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#8JobocanPosted 2/5/2013 8:20:28 AM
It's possible to know that graphical quality doesn't matter and yet still be impressed when a great looking game pops up.
For example, my mind was blown when I first played DKC back when it was released, but I liked the game because of the badass gameplay, not because it looked great.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#9Ghoul138Posted 2/5/2013 8:24:51 AM
-NotoriousLynx posted...
Graphics =/= Aesthetics

I think super realistic graphics like Crysis look ugly, boring, and unimaginative. Wonderful 101's art style is beautiful.

This. While I'll still play those kind of games like Crysis, COD, etc, I still consider them bland, generic games. I much prefer a great looking art style with nice colours and such, sometimes that alone can make the game look better.
#10The_DjokerPosted 2/5/2013 8:29:07 AM
IT's about games not graphics. Always has been always will. And with that in mind. Wii was the worst console last gen, Wii U will be the worst console this gen. I'm glad that's cleared up.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png