What if Nintendo... *OPINION*

#1teamaquashockPosted 2/5/2013 8:16:19 AM
Is staying a little bit behind in power compared to the other consoles so that when they get to the same level in a few years (and a bit stronger), it would be a bit cheaper so then more people buy their consoles?

Like for example, the PS3 was very expensive when it came out all because of the Blu-Ray and such.

But 6 years later those are cheap now, so even the PS3s are cheaper.

So again, what if Nintendo waits until the strong technology gets easier to make so they can sell it for cheaper instead of having high price from when the technology was still surfacing?

I know dumb opinion, but this is not a troll topic.

If you know me, I'm one of the neutral ones that owns all consoles.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"
#2Air_Gear_Posted 2/5/2013 8:17:20 AM
Considering Nintendo hardly knows how to run a business, I don't think that's the case.
#3teamaquashock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:18:43 AM
I don't get that logic O_O
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"
#4TheTrueNubPosted 2/5/2013 8:19:29 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...
Considering Nintendo hardly knows how to run a business, I don't think that's the case.

Miyamoto and Iwata laugh as they swim in their pools filled with money.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#5Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 8:19:31 AM
That sounds like the good ol' "Tenkaichi" effect to me. Release something of moderate quality, and then use the money it makes to make something of higher quality, at a reduced price.

I am starting to believe that Nintendo is doing exactly that, as there have been rumors about them starting to work on their next console already. Which is no surprise, as the Wii and the U all started development shortly after the launch of their predecessors.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#6SychinLegacyPosted 2/5/2013 8:19:36 AM
They are selling a cheaper console because they are not stupid. Why try to compete with PC graphics which will ALWAYS be better? That wouldn't work and they would quickly start losing money ala PS3 and 360. For a console to actually do good they have to offer something different that a PC can't do. Not try to be an inferior PC.

That's why Orbis and Durango aren't going to be graphics power houses. They are going to try and offer their own unique thing that PCs can't replicate because they can't compete head to head.
#7Rasputin77Posted 2/5/2013 8:19:39 AM
I know dumb opinion, but this is not a troll topic.

If you know me, I'm one of the neutral ones that owns all consoles.

I'm not one of these neurotic toolbags that look for reasons to disregard a post. You don't have to make excuses - some of us are above that. ;)

And who knows? They certainly didn't go balls out with the Wii, so it might just be a business model.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#8blunderminePosted 2/5/2013 8:24:16 AM(edited)
My bet is that they're planning on releasing the next Nintendo console 3-4 years before the follow up Playstation or Xbox. The Wii U, PS4, and 720 will all run around the same level for the first 3 to 4 years regardless of overall power. Any differences will be so small they'd only really matter to people who like to argue on message boards, but actual impacts on gameplay will be pretty rare.

Come year 4 or 5 or the Wii U's lifecycle, it'll start to fall behind pretty far, but at that point Nintendo will be getting ready to launch the Nextendo. Once it does hit, it will have 3 or 4 years of far outpacing the competition.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 8:23:19 AM
Air_Gear_ posted...

Their total ignorance in the field of business is why they've enjoyed moderate-to-astounding success for over a century, I'm sure.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#10The_DjokerPosted 2/5/2013 8:25:25 AM

they know how to run a business. They just don't know how to make a good console.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png