What if Nintendo... *OPINION*

#21Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/5/2013 12:26:52 PM
This really should be where Nintendo's stubborness pays off (or rather, continues to pay off). They stick to their usual 5-year console cycle, while Microsoft and Sony paint themselves into corners with powerful hardware that they hope pays off in 7-10 years.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#22teamaquashock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:39:15 PM
ArturiaZwei posted...
Nintendo seems to prefer taking a small loss or no loss at all on their consoles. They release tech when it is both affordable to them and the consumer and they add features to the console that make it unique from the competition.

The Wii was far weaker than the Ps3/360 but was the most profitable because of its initial pricing and unique feature.

The Wii U has specs that are a bit higher than last gens and also have a unique feature, but it will be weaker than Orbis and Durango.

I'm sure that with the next Nintendo console it'll be a bit stronger than Orbis and Durango but weaker than whatever the competition releases next.

They'll always maintain high profitability that way and even if they don't get a lot of third party support, buying up developers, they won't really need it.

Seems to be the case.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"
#23SegavsCapcomPosted 2/5/2013 4:38:15 PM
Pretty much, TC. Though you are missing one crucial detail: Nintendo tries to compensate for the lack of power with a gimmick. If the Wii, the DS, and the 3DS are any indicators, the Wii U will be fine.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#24teamaquashock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:25:12 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Pretty much, TC. Though you are missing one crucial detail: Nintendo tries to compensate for the lack of power with a gimmick. If the Wii, the DS, and the 3DS are any indicators, the Wii U will be fine.

True. But hey, it works for them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
---
#25teamaquashock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:28:20 AM
bump
---