since when does weak console = weak games?

#1Citan22Posted 2/5/2013 8:27:54 AM
i just don't understand the obsession with having a more powerful machine.. i guess it's something to brag about, but ultimately matters little if its games fall short.

i mean we can all agree the Wii was a weak piece of crap compared to the ps360.. and somehow, it ended up having:

last gen's best RPG: Xenoblade
last gen's best 3D Platformer: Galaxy/Galaxy 2
last gen's best Survival Horror: Project Zero 2 (remake)
last gen's best 2D Platformer(s): DKC:R/NSMBW

and that's not counting other kick-ass exclusives that are highly regarded within their genres like: Monster Hunter Tri; Tatsunoko vs. Capcom; Sin & Punishment 2; Skyward Sword; Metroid Prime Corruption..

judging by this site, it seems much of the gaming community hasn't realized that the world doesn't revolve around First Person Shooters, because that is one of the few genres the powerful consoles have actually excelled in regularly.. that and Sports games, Racers, and button mashing Action games.

in short, if you look back at previous generations, not once did most power result in best games. so why is everyone so convinced that it's going to matter this time around?
---
NNID: BONEPILL
#2squatch22Posted 2/5/2013 8:29:26 AM
I'm wondering when high power became "quality".
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3wingo84Posted 2/5/2013 8:30:17 AM
Reel geams have reel grafix
---
NNID - Wingo84
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, ZombiU Survival
#4GambitAcePosted 2/5/2013 8:31:41 AM
I can't relate to Xenoblade being the best RPG last gen, since it's print was so damn limited in NA. I'm sure many others can't either.
---
how do you turn this on?
#5The_DjokerPosted 2/5/2013 8:33:22 AM
What did Wii end up having? the best game in about 3 genres? 2 genres in which Nintendo win EVERY gen. (2d and 3D platformers)

Though Rayman Origins>>>NSMBWii and Donkey Kong. And RPG is debatable. JRPG? sure, RPG? Very debtable.

Now put it this way. Get every genre... and get the top 5 games of those genres.

Yeah. weak console or not. Wii was the worst system last gen. No 2 ways about it.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#6The_DjokerPosted 2/5/2013 8:34:43 AM
I can't relate to Xenoblade being the best RPG last gen, since it's print was so damn limited in NA. I'm sure many others can't either.

It's probably the best JRPG(excluding Persona 4) but it's not the best RPG.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#7TheTrueNubPosted 2/5/2013 8:36:11 AM
When fanboys found the internet.

They must strut around how much better their console of choice is than the others, or else they may think for a moment that a different platform could possibly also have great offerings.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#8JackalPosted 2/5/2013 8:38:57 AM
It doesn't.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#9NewbiusPosted 2/5/2013 8:39:07 AM
GambitAce posted...

Because there was lack of advertisement, but you can look at almost every single review for any source and they will say that Xenoblade is one of the best RPGs this generation
#10ElectricKaibutuPosted 2/5/2013 8:43:01 AM
GambitAce posted...

I think Gamestop still has it new for $50. I just started playing it the other day. I haven't got very far yet but it's good. I like the fact that you can save any time and you don't have to go back to the quest giver to complete a quest. The game cuts out a lot of annoying RPG tropes actually. I'm also very impressed with the graphics considering it's a Wii game. It has expansive scenery with almost no loading; I didn't know the Wii could do that.