since when does weak console = weak games?

#11Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 7:44:43 AM
The_Djoker posted...
What did Wii end up having? the best game in about 3 genres? 2 genres in which Nintendo win EVERY gen. (2d and 3D platformers)

Though Rayman Origins>>>NSMBWii and Donkey Kong. And RPG is debatable. JRPG? sure, RPG? Very debtable.

Now put it this way. Get every genre... and get the top 5 games of those genres.

Yeah. weak console or not. Wii was the worst system last gen. No 2 ways about it.

Rayman Origins was great, but DKCR was better.
I'm not a fan of Rayman in any way, I wish the game would have had another name, if it did, I would have bought it. But it was still really good.

The Wii also holds best fighting game of last gen, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Which, as everyone knows, is the best fighting game of all time. If you were born, then you know that. If you don't know that, then you're technically not alive yet.

It's in the second amendment too. Right underneath the part that says we can have the arms of massive woodland creatures. "Thou shall all be aware of the fact that Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is, and forever shall be the greatest fighting game of all time."

I have a killer boner for that game, can you tell?
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#12Godstriker8Posted 2/5/2013 7:45:40 AM
It equals third party support. Something the Wii lacked in its twilight years
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#13Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 7:45:55 AM
The_Djoker posted...
I can't relate to Xenoblade being the best RPG last gen, since it's print was so damn limited in NA. I'm sure many others can't either.

It's probably the best JRPG(excluding Persona 4) but it's not the best RPG.

No, Xenoblade doesn't even count as a JRPG. It does so many things that JRPGs have never even fathomed.

P4 is just another ho-hum, run-of-the-mill JRPG, like P3 was.

And considering that the heavy contenders of last gen were Mass Effect and Skyrim, both of which weren't really all that good (pop-up shooting gallery, like Indiana Jo, Er, I mean, Tomb Rai... dammit! Uncharted was. And a herpy derpy WRPG, which was overshadowed by Dragon's Dogma, which was everything we were promised Skyrim would be).

Mind you, the RPG genre as a whole was lacking last gen. No wonder Xenoblade snagged that title from every other RPG.
---
#14pokemonfreak97Posted 2/5/2013 7:47:29 AM
The_Djoker posted...
What did Wii end up having? the best game in about 3 genres? 2 genres in which Nintendo win EVERY gen. (2d and 3D platformers)

Though Rayman Origins>>>NSMBWii and Donkey Kong. And RPG is debatable. JRPG? sure, RPG? Very debtable.

Now put it this way. Get every genre... and get the top 5 games of those genres.

Yeah. weak console or not. Wii was the worst system last gen. No 2 ways about it.

Just out of curiosity, can you list the great games that us Wii owners missed out on? I want to know what I missed to see if it was a good decision for me or not. Loved my Wii and am loving my Wii U, but I I just want to know what I missed.
---
Which is more mature: playing a game where you can shoot people or seeing those games and deciding not to play them?
Yes, I formerly had a Pokemon Gen VI sig.
#15Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 7:47:56 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
It equals third party support. Something the Wii lacked in its twilight years

I'd argue that the Wii was surprisingly good despite that.

The amount of third party support wasn't really the issue though. It was the quality of the third party support.

For every Conduit, TvC, or Red Steel 2 it got, it got a billion more Carnival Games.
---
#16sentoworfPosted 2/5/2013 7:48:11 AM
It doesn't. Look at the PS2 and DS.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#17Oni_TaedoPosted 2/5/2013 7:49:49 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Just out of curiosity, can you list the great games that us Wii owners missed out on? I want to know what I missed to see if it was a good decision for me or not. Loved my Wii and am loving my Wii U, but I I just want to know what I missed.

The Ezio Trilogy.
Soul Calibur 5
DoA5
UMvC3
Hitman Absolution

That's about it actually.
---
#18NewbiusPosted 2/5/2013 7:52:57 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...
The_Djoker posted...

The Ezio Trilogy.
Soul Calibur 5
DoA5
UMvC3
Hitman Absolution

That's about it actually.

Assassin's Creed 2 was pretty good

Soul Calibur 5 was a massive disappointment

DoA5 is great

UMvC3? Please tell me you're joking

Hitman Absolution is a disappointment in the franchise.
#19ZimbabweBobPosted 2/5/2013 7:56:40 AM
The_Djoker posted...

so, highest rated games of last gen, and top selling system of last gen= worst where you come from? How is the weather in Bizarro world?
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID: ZimbabweBob
#20SpaceCadetttPosted 2/5/2013 7:59:40 AM
The worry is that it will miss out on a lot of third party titles, because the hardware disparity will make it too difficult to port them.

And, sure, graphics aren't the determining factor of a games quality, but they do help, and more power now means more longevity, years down the line.
---
http://i.imgur.com/V9vWy.gif