since when does weak console = weak games?

#41P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/5/2013 11:39:39 PM
grandabx posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Zato Infinite posted...
I understand that Wii games have won awards and a lot of people do enjoy them but I also feel that having a wide variety of each genre is important.

Someone mentioned TvC before. While it is a great game and he/she felt it was the best fighting game I still feel that it sucks to miss out on SF IV, UMvC 3, and the Blazblue series. That's just one genre. When you take the number of great games on the Wii and compare it the number of great games on the PS3 or the 360, the Wii's library is incredibly small.

But this is just me crying over spilled milk. The Wii U has been doing a pretty good job trying to get mOre third party support this time and I can't wait to see what gets announced this coming year.

Nobody misses out on Arksys games.
I'm glad I never got to play Persona 4 Arena. I fear it might be as bad as Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, or Fist of the North Star.

Wii only owners should consider themselves lucky they didn't get that trash.

I loved Guilty Gear on the Wii (and PS2, 360, DS) and they need to finish the series! One more game! Screw blazblue!

blazblue is better than gg. it's has more variety in it's characters playstyles instead of knock-down, 50/50, repeat. have you seen bbcp? youtube it.

I refuse to have anything to do with that series until GG is complete. And how are GG characters not hugely diverse?
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#42nedrithPosted 2/6/2013 12:04:03 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
This is just getting sad. A bunch of fans are happy thinking their new toy is hot stuff until they find out everyone else not in their click knows its basically a 360 with a ds screen in the controller. They get their feelings hurt and revert to the same thing they've been saying about the Wii for almost a decade now. It's not the graphics or power, it's the games. <Groan> Hypocrites.

I would actually disagree that that is even what the topic is about.

Topic: Wii is a lot weaker than the PS3/360(not debatable) however it still has some of the best games of it's gen. Nowhere did it mention the Wii U.

One could assume the point of the topic is to say that even though the PS4/720 will be quite a bit more powerful than the Wii U(again even though the specs haven't been released yet this is most likely not even debatable it will be true) the Wii U will still have great games and quite possibly some of the best games of it's gen.

Nowhere did it say the Wii U was weak compared to the PS3/360. Nowhere did it say that it's a 360 with a ds screen. While supporters of the Wii U have argued that the Wii U is more powerful than the 360/PS3 they never said that the games aren't more important. I mean why would you buy a gaming console without games or atleast the expectation that games will be made for it. I suppose some people might want a powerful gaming console for netflix and internet browsing but I'm guessing 99% of the people atleast buy a gaming consoles for games.
#43leopoldsharkPosted 2/6/2013 12:26:50 AM
It doesn't. Power is just a tool. Having a weaker tool limits your options, but clever designers can work around them. Game designers have been programming around the limitations of the current systems for the past 30 years, so this is not really a problem for them. Devs get excited about a more powerful system because that means there are fewer limitations.
#44UmitenchoPosted 2/6/2013 12:32:27 AM
leopoldshark posted...
It doesn't. Power is just a tool. Having a weaker tool limits your options, but clever designers can work around them. Game designers have been programming around the limitations of the current systems for the past 30 years, so this is not really a problem for them. Devs get excited about a more powerful system because that means there are fewer limitations.

And yet the PS3 was a chore to Dev for despite being the strongest. Power doesn't mean you have fewer limitations, its just means you have more to work for. But as the PS3 and N64 proved, does matter if the medium(cart) or architecture makes it hard to do anything.
#45Sailor GoonPosted 2/6/2013 12:32:38 AM
last gen's best RPG: Xenoblade
last gen's best 3D Platformer: Galaxy/Galaxy 2
last gen's best Survival Horror: Project Zero 2 (remake)
last gen's best 2D Platformer(s): DKC:R/NSMBW

I wasnt aware your opinion = fact
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#46nonexistingheroPosted 2/6/2013 12:39:04 AM
The_Djoker posted...
What did Wii end up having? the best game in about 3 genres? 2 genres in which Nintendo win EVERY gen. (2d and 3D platformers)

Though Rayman Origins>>>NSMBWii and Donkey Kong. And RPG is debatable. JRPG? sure, RPG? Very debtable.

Now put it this way. Get every genre... and get the top 5 games of those genres.

Yeah. weak console or not. Wii was the worst system last gen. No 2 ways about it.

I disagree about Rayman Origins being better. It's good, but it's not very fun to replay in comparison to those other 2 games.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#47ixoriaPosted 2/6/2013 12:40:03 AM
last gen's best RPG: Xenoblade
last gen's best 3D Platformer: Galaxy/Galaxy 2
last gen's best Survival Horror: Project Zero 2 (remake)
last gen's best 2D Platformer(s): DKC:R/NSMBW

ofcourse wii won las last gen's best. i mean ps2 and xbox died long before. wii had no competition.

oh wait you mean you were talking about those games being better than ps3 and 360 games? get outta here. that's made up "best list" by kids.
#48PSOLavisPosted 2/6/2013 1:21:57 AM(edited)
So to prove your point you only listed games that won in categories where nintendos 1st party games and exclusives always excel at and they have had years to master...nope, not biased at all. Your lack of mentioning all categories is also quite biased. You also fail to mention that power does help enhance certain games. For instance, Xenobalde Chronicles. Had this been on the wii u, ps3, or 360 it would not have slow down during battles anymore, it would actually been able to have great vibrant graphics, and would be able to load quicker. How do those things not make better games?
#49Ryan SiPosted 2/6/2013 2:28:16 AM
LOL at NSMBW and DKCR being "last gen's best 2D platformer." This guy clearly only owns a Wii.

Some awesomely innovative and platformers out there on Steam and PSN that make those two games look like the the dated concepts they are.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)
#50SpaceCadetttPosted 2/6/2013 3:12:15 AM
Lol at Xenoblade being last gen's best RPG as well. Or even JRPG.

Tales of Vesperia is much, much better, although you could argue that both are eclipsed by Skyrim and the Witcher 2.
---
http://i.imgur.com/V9vWy.gif