So Disappointed

#1TheMassa187Posted 2/5/2013 9:17:58 AM
Ok so I preordered my Wii-u on the first day i was able to do so, then waited oh so patiently for release date. I even called a few times to make sure there wasn't any chance of not receiving on launch day. I also preordered 6 games to go along with my launch system. The day came, I picked it up, then proceeded to play the **** out of it for a solid week. Then.................nothing. Once the novelty wore off i was left with a netflix and hulu player. Which it has remained for the last 2 months. I really hope some quality games start coming out otherwise i invested $700 in a VOD player.
#2TrueBlue91Posted 2/5/2013 9:19:17 AM
Negative opinions aren't really allowed here. Sorry.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#3KarsticlesPosted 2/5/2013 9:20:57 AM
You're an early adopter, and that comes with consequences.
---
My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
#4trenkenPosted 2/5/2013 9:21:56 AM
TheMassa187 posted...
Ok so I preordered my Wii-u on the first day i was able to do so, then waited oh so patiently for release date. I even called a few times to make sure there wasn't any chance of not receiving on launch day. I also preordered 6 games to go along with my launch system. The day came, I picked it up, then proceeded to play the **** out of it for a solid week. Then.................nothing. Once the novelty wore off i was left with a netflix and hulu player. Which it has remained for the last 2 months. I really hope some quality games start coming out otherwise i invested $700 in a VOD player.

Just wait for games. At least you have it ready for when some good games are out........ a year from now.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#5VoelgerPosted 2/5/2013 9:22:02 AM
Yes it's slow, but perhaps you expected too much. It was public information as to what games were coming out between launch and march.
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#6TheMassa187(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:22:30 AM
Unlike most tho, im able to block out the trolls and fanboys alike and simply pay attention to posts that revolve around facts lol. I dont worship any 1 company, i just love good video games period.
#7trenkenPosted 2/5/2013 9:23:58 AM
TheMassa187 posted...
Unlike most tho, im able to block out the trolls and fanboys alike and simply pay attention to posts that revolve around facts lol. I dont worship any 1 company, i just love good video games period.

You have your head on too straight for this place. Im the same way as you. I buy ALL consoles just for access to more games. I bought the U, right now I couldnt care less about it. I dont like Pikmin or Monster Hunter so really this thing may not be worth anything to me until next fall, but Im fine with that. I dont miss the money I spent on it.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8TrueBlue91Posted 2/5/2013 9:27:40 AM
trenken posted...
TheMassa187 posted...

You have your head on too straight for this place. Im the same way as you. I buy ALL consoles just for access to more games. I bought the U, right now I couldnt care less about it. I dont like Pikmin or Monster Hunter so really this thing may not be worth anything to me until next fall, but Im fine with that. I dont miss the money I spent on it.

You... own non-Nintendo consoles?

You'd better run. Now.

(Psst, so do I. Don't tell!)
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#9The_DjokerPosted 2/5/2013 9:31:05 AM
Seriously? i'm more baffled as to why the hell you bought a console like this at Launch.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#10PigfartsPosted 2/5/2013 9:36:21 AM
TheMassa187 posted...

Well it depends what you like the next and only good upcoming game is monster hunter, I didn't check out the X game either but people say thats good too.

if you really like Mario games then there will be 10-20 more of them over the life of this system. make sure you like Nintendo 1st party games though b/c thats what you will mostly get.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.