Skylanders Swap Force coming to Wii U

#1Virus66Posted 2/5/2013 9:47:21 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/activision-announces-new-skylanders-game-skylanders-swap-force

Activision has unveiled a new entry in the Skylanders franchise: Skylanders Swap Force.

The main focus of this instalment is "swapability", as the new range of 16 toys will feature interchangeable top and bottom halves, allowing you to create your own characters in more than 250 different combinations. To use the new toys, players will need to buy an upgraded portal, but all figures currently owned will still be compatible.

To clarify how the new system will work, we were given the following example. Two of the 16 new Swap Force Skylanders are Washbuckler and Magnacharge. Combining the top half of the former with the bottom half of the latter will create Washcharge; a unit with the attack abilities of the cutlass-wielding octopus and the movement abilities of the magnet-focused roller.

Alongside all the new Swap Force characters, there'll also be 32 core Skylanders characters released, 16 of which will be new while the rest will be new versions of older characters. 8 new light core characters will also be available and characters will also have the ability to jump for the first time in the series.

Skylanders Swap Force is currently planned for release on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii and 3DS, though just when remains a mystery.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#2RahzarXPosted 2/5/2013 9:47:55 AM
Disney Universe is going to piledrive this game into the ground.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 9:51:34 AM
An upgraded portal?

Fine fine, as long as I can make a flying trigger happy.
#4Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:53:40 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
An upgraded portal?

Fine fine, as long as I can make a flying trigger happy.

The upgraded portal really made me cringe. But the inclusion of finally being able to jump was nice. I have nearly all of the series two Skylanders so it's nice that they work in this game as well. I just hope that the next series isn't crazy expensive.
---
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 9:57:03 AM
It will be expensive. But yeah, a new portal is lame. Hopefully this one allows for 4 player coop to make up for it.

They also need to make loot shared in game, whomever plays Jet-Vac gets it all so easily.
#6Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:09:50 AM
It will be expensive. But yeah, a new portal is lame. Hopefully this one allows for 4 player coop to make up for it.

They also need to make loot shared in game, whomever plays Jet-Vac gets it all so easily.

Yep. Just split it 50/50. They do it with XP, why not do it with the money as well?
---
#7IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 10:11:54 AM
Yep.

Kind of weird how EyeBrawl and ThumpBack still haven't been released in my area :/
#8RahzarXPosted 2/5/2013 10:12:29 AM
k wait I thought this was a joke topic

Is Skylanders actually a good game?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#9IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 10:12:55 AM
Skylanders is very fun if you like good games, yes.
#10Virus66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:15:13 AM
Yep.

Kind of weird how EyeBrawl and ThumpBack still haven't been released in my area :/

They actually just got released in my area. I got them 2 days ago. Seems to not be a national thing though.

RahzarX posted...
k wait I thought this was a joke topic

Is Skylanders actually a good game?

And yes, I love Skylanders Giants, even at 26 years old. Granted it's a tad bit on the easy side, but still fun. I'd hazard a guess and say that I've put in over 100 hours into just leveling up my Skylanders and doing all the challenges and such. Multiplayer is a blast too. It's ridiculously expensive to play if you don't have monetary restraint though. I. Must. Collect!
---