Nintendo 4th highest rated publisher this year

#1IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/5/2013 10:37:35 AM
Down from 2nd last year, came in behind EA, Microsoft, and Sony.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/game-publisher-rankings-for-2012-releases
#2Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:44:27 AM
Damn, guess everyone already knew this!
#3blm03vPosted 2/5/2013 10:48:12 AM
Using Metacritic to rank publishers. Wow. It's not even an official award.
#4Virus66Posted 2/5/2013 10:48:14 AM
They came in BEHIND EA? Wow...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#5Rasputin77Posted 2/5/2013 10:48:18 AM
Simmer down... it's only been 7 minutes. =P

Uh-oh. You reported Nintendo placing 4th in something and not 1st... **stern look**... tsk tsk!

But for real - I'm gonna have to add that Xenoblade Chronicles to my "Wii games to play" list. I've heard nothing but great things.

Cool read - thanks!
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#6NiftyManZPosted 2/5/2013 10:48:47 AM
No, just don't really care. He'll, I only posting because work slowed down all the sudden...

That and a lot of people have you on ignore.

You are welcome for a free bump.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#7icarus231Posted 2/5/2013 10:51:05 AM
Sony ranks number one in console makers that have to lay off employees and sell buildings.

So what was your point again?
#8digiblasterPosted 2/5/2013 10:51:06 AM
I'd like to see the list of games they included. If the Wii had as much 'shovelware' as everyone makes out, surely that would have dragged the scores down somewhat?

I'm not saying other consoles don't have shovelware either. I'm actually quite surprised by this though. Given how the internet feels about EA, I'd have thought they in particular would be lower down.
#9SuperShyGuy9000Posted 2/5/2013 10:53:20 AM
I'm surprised they were that high not like Nintendo released tons of games in 2012
#10Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:54:04 AM
I'd like to see the list of games they included. If the Wii had as much 'shovelware' as everyone makes out, surely that would have dragged the scores down somewhat?

I'm not saying other consoles don't have shovelware either. I'm actually quite surprised by this though. Given how the internet feels about EA, I'd have thought they in particular would be lower down.

They rated each game from the publishers released this year.

Simmer down... it's only been 7 minutes. =P

Uh-oh. You reported Nintendo placing 4th in something and not 1st... **stern look**... tsk tsk!

But for real - I'm gonna have to add that Xenoblade Chronicles to my "Wii games to play" list. I've heard nothing but great things.

Cool read - thanks!

No problem!

Sony ranks number one in console makers that have to lay off employees and sell buildings.

So what was your point again?

This is what we refer to as "irrelevant".