I can't wait for the day E3 goes away

#1Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 2/5/2013 3:22:48 PM
Why do we need it anyway? Nintendo has already down that their Nintendo Directs are a feat way to give our information and speak directly to their audience. Why do you think they have to keep so many secrets? They need some surprises to show off at E3.

Right now it's important for a company to 'win' at E3 . So they can gain momentum towards the Hillary season but if we didn't have this giant waste of time then we could get information at a much faster pace. And if they want people to play their upcoming games then they can hold their own demonstration and have a more intimate environment to show them to analysts and the gaming public
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#2LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/5/2013 3:24:07 PM(edited)
I can't wait for the day E3 arrives.

Zelda Wii U (not WW HD) screenshots...brb need to change my pants
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#3Baha05Posted 2/5/2013 3:24:59 PM
Ummmm... actually good point, Sony/Microsoft needs their own Direct Events. Though I can mainly see E3 simply being a Showcase (Like it always has minus any goofy hijinks)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/5/2013 3:24:59 PM
The one only good thing about e3 these days is just the enjoyment of being hyped.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#5Bahamut_10thPosted 2/5/2013 3:27:10 PM
You should know by now, after how it went last year, that E3 is now a show from company representatives to impress their share holders and investors.
#6UmitenchoPosted 2/5/2013 3:29:42 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
You should know by now, after how it went last year, that E3 is now a show from company representatives to impress their share holders and investors.

Was 2012 that bad? I know the Tobuscus thing was abysmal but how was the rest of it?
#7Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/5/2013 3:32:39 PM
Umitencho posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Was 2012 that bad? I know the Tobuscus thing was abysmal but how was the rest of it?

Its wasnt bad but it was just boring which I guess is bad so yea it was bad lmao. *I know I said bad 3 times in the same sentence lol* Oh and btw the ubisoft confernce was the most enjoyable one so yea e3 2012 was pretty bad.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#8Bahamut_10thPosted 2/5/2013 3:32:43 PM
Umitencho posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

They called Usher to sing and dance in the event...

Then there was the ridiculous Harry Potter wizardry PS Move game...

Then they wasted a real long time chatting with the Xbox and showing the multimedia features instead of the actual games...
#9Awesomely Awesome AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:50:46 PM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
Umitencho posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Its wasnt bad but it was just boring which I guess is bad so yea it was bad lmao. *I know I said bad 3 times in the same sentence lol* Oh and btw the ubisoft confernce was the most enjoyable one so yea e3 2012 was pretty bad.

How bad can you be while singing the song 'Bad' badly while watching Breaking Bad while feeling bad to the bone?
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#10Ryan SiPosted 2/5/2013 6:14:50 PM
E3 sure isn't what it was in the '90s...surprises all around. However, it's still an exciting time for the industry to show off what it's been working on and what's to come.

I do like the recent trend of console manufacturer-specific conferences though. It puts all the emphasis on them and not an entire industry at the same time. Though somehow Nintendo still managed to confuse the type of people that don't post here.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)