I can't wait for the day E3 goes away

#11SocranPosted 2/5/2013 6:35:02 PM(edited)
The thing is, even among Nintendo fans, not nearly as many people watch Nintendo Direct as E3. Having a single, scheduled, "big deal" marketing event that comes around once a year makes it easier to keep track of when the big announcements are coming, and gives more incentive to pay attention to it.

Really, my question is, where do people find out when these Nintendo Directs are happening? I usually don't hear about them until the day before they happen, and obviously there are going to be more people in attendance of an event they've been waiting all year for as opposed to something that's sprung upon them (or not even sprung upon them, and they miss it entirely). I legitimately would like to know where the schedules are posted.

Another thing people often forget about is that E3 isn't just for the fans, it's for investors and such as well. Nintendo Direct is great for telling us what's already going on and getting us hyped up, but it's only good for that. One thing I noticed during the last E3 was how much the Sony conference used the term "Playstation brand", which indicates that the statements are made from a business-to-business standpoint. It's only naturally that any given person thinks the world only resolves around themselves and others like them, but just keep that fact in mind: E3 is a business conference, and they work things in for the fans simply because they know we're watching.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12Board_hunter567Posted 2/5/2013 6:35:27 PM
Gamers are losing interest in E3 because E3 is losing interest in gamers.
#13Bahamut_10thPosted 2/6/2013 11:41:02 AM
Nintendo Direct, unlike E3, was made for the FANS. Of course it's 'only good' at making us hyped...