Wii U using cheap GPU afterall

#11digiblasterPosted 2/5/2013 3:33:19 PM
The comments section of that page sums up what I hate about the games industry so much.

Comments about it being weak, last gen, etc.?
+75

Comments to the effect of 'Buy for the games not graphics?'
#12blankempathyPosted 2/5/2013 3:34:34 PM
digiblaster posted...
The comments section of that page sums up what I hate about the games industry so much.

+75

I saw that too. Its kinda sad actually.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#13PendragoonPosted 2/5/2013 3:40:40 PM
digiblaster posted...

+75

And any comments pointing out their errors instantly get downvoted to oblivion before vanishing all together.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#14token_swordsmanPosted 2/5/2013 3:58:33 PM
oh...ouch...my dignity, masculinity..manliness and self of self worth...they are all destroyed

....oh....no.....
---
^ Typed this from my wii u ^
#15pearl arowanaPosted 2/5/2013 7:48:24 PM
what i been saying all along

wii u is only in ps3 and xbox360 level
even that now most games are better on ps3 and 360

ps4 and 720 is on complete different league. way better hardware

clearly, nintendo is trying to pull another wii on us.. hoping to make similar profit selling outdated hardware with premium price..

well..
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#16HeaderHogPosted 2/5/2013 7:55:31 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
Trust me on this. It may not have water cooling and heat sinks the size of a brownie, but its one slick piece of silicon. eDRAM is not cheap to make. That is why not everybody does it. Cause its so dam expensive."

how much would you say it cost to manufacture a wii U then? from chipworks comments he says everything totals to close to 100$

...Add the controller, and everything goes to hell.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#17HeaderHogPosted 2/5/2013 7:56:16 PM
pearl arowana posted...

clearly, nintendo is trying to pull another wii on us.. hoping to make similar profit selling outdated hardware with premium price..

well..

Hey, can you play games on it that are fun?
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#18pearl arowanaPosted 2/6/2013 4:24:11 AM
HeaderHog posted...
pearl arowana posted...

well..

Hey, can you play games on it that are fun?

dude i pretty much have all consoles and handhelds because i love collecting them.. but when u have em all and make comparison.. like wii to ps3/360.. wii u to ps3/260.. it just sad..
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#19PendragoonPosted 2/6/2013 6:56:49 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
Trust me on this. It may not have water cooling and heat sinks the size of a brownie, but its one slick piece of silicon. eDRAM is not cheap to make. That is why not everybody does it. Cause its so dam expensive."

how much would you say it cost to manufacture a wii U then? from chipworks comments he says everything totals to close to 100$

That is just the GPU/CPU part, you still have to factor memory, flash storage, blu-ray drive, casing, mother board, and many other minor parts that can easily double the cost of the system. The PS3 for example, the GPU cost $129 (vs $65 for the Wii U) The Cell cost $89 (vs about $25 for the Wii U. And just because it was a big part of the PS3 cost. Bluray cost $125 (compared to about $20 at most for Nintendo) So those three cost Sony almost $350, but the system still cost $840 to build.

In other words, The GPU and CPU rarely make up the bulk of the cost of the console early on. The Wii U console is probably $200 on it's own and the gamepad has been priced at near $80. Add is bulk discounts and it drops further.

Nintendo sells to retailers for at least $55 below MSRP, probably more. Knowing they take at least a $21 loss gives us a ballpark for the total system price of $235 wholesale to retailers and $256 for cost to build and ship the basic console.

*Aside from PS3 costs, everything is an estimate, PENDRAG0ON will not be held responsible for anyone who takes these numbers and runs with them, as they are pure semi educated guess work. You have been warned, I now return you to trollfest 2013.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709