Definition of Next-Generation by a Dictionary

#31JackTheRimmerPosted 2/5/2013 7:53:49 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...
Its next gen for Nintendo. They stagnated with the Wii as that was only a side grade to the Game Cube.

Nintendo is operating a full Generation behind.

its a next gen gaming console.. its taking a new idea for consoles and bringing it to Gamers... Which is what Next gen is

Sorry its not a new idea, Dreamcast did it first in the 90's
#32StickMen1090Posted 2/5/2013 7:55:21 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...
Its next gen for Nintendo. They stagnated with the Wii as that was only a side grade to the Game Cube.

Nintendo is operating a full Generation behind.

its a next gen gaming console.. its taking a new idea for consoles and bringing it to Gamers... Which is what Next gen is

Sorry its not a new idea, Dreamcast did it first in the 90's

im sorry but having a screen on it does not mean it has the same purpose...
#33SegavsCapcomPosted 2/5/2013 7:56:40 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...

The PS1 didnt struggle with SNES ports and the PS2 didnt struggle with N64 ports... see the difference ?

The PS1 didn't launch with any SNES games. The PS2 didn't launch with any N64 titles. So really, this comparison is pointless.

My Wii U can run "ports" without any major problem. It's not struggling with anything.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#34JackTheRimmerPosted 2/5/2013 8:00:36 PM(edited)
SegavsCapcom posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...

The PS1 didnt struggle with SNES ports and the PS2 didnt struggle with N64 ports... see the difference ?

The PS1 didn't launch with any SNES games. The PS2 didn't launch with any N64 titles. So really, this comparison is pointless.

My Wii U can run "ports" without any major problem. It's not struggling with anything.

Your Wii U cant run BLOPS 2 in HD and cant run the 360/ps3 version of the last Madden,I would say thats struggling
#35SegavsCapcomPosted 2/5/2013 8:04:33 PM
JackTheRimmer posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...

Your Wii U cant run BLOPS 2 in HD and cant run the 360/ps3 version of the last Madden,I would say thats struggling

Um, BLOPS 2 is in HD. With Madden, it wasn't a matter of what could run it; it was the dev's choice.
---
#36SoeroahPosted 2/5/2013 8:08:49 PM
Ever since I first heard the term 'next-gen graphics' I knew the gaming community was going to argue about generations for the rest of time.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#37GoombaXPosted 2/5/2013 8:09:30 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I'll put it this way, Wii U is the next generation Nintendo console. The Wii U is not technologically advanced enough to compete with the next generation Xbox or Playstation.

Everyone wins!

Sony doesn't have enough good games, innovation, and fanbase to survive next generation.
Can't wait till the ps4 comes out
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#38JackTheRimmerPosted 2/5/2013 8:12:18 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
JackTheRimmer posted...

Um, BLOPS 2 is in HD. With Madden, it wasn't a matter of what could run it; it was the dev's choice.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/24/black-ops-2-on-wii-u-is-sub-hd-and-has-worst-frame-rate/

Not according to Digital Foundry
#39_Sovereign_Posted 2/5/2013 8:13:24 PM
Wow, Jack is so oblivious to facts it's astounding
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#40SegavsCapcomPosted 2/5/2013 8:13:38 PM
GoombaX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I'll put it this way, Wii U is the next generation Nintendo console. The Wii U is not technologically advanced enough to compete with the next generation Xbox or Playstation.

Everyone wins!

Sony doesn't have enough good games, innovation, and fanbase to survive next generation.
Can't wait till the ps4 comes out

PS3 had tons of good exclusives. I don't know what planet you're on.

Innovation? The PS3 sold at a loss, but it still sold over 70 million units. That's a lot.

Fanbase? Sony's fanbase is pretty darn big.
---