Favorite controller for a system ?

#1windman8Posted 2/5/2013 7:17:31 PM
There has been a lot of ways to play video games over the years so i was just wondering what controller you guys liked the best and why.

I have always been fond of the gamecube controller. Just fits perfect in you're hands = D
---
the first lesson in being a wanabe is to not be because if you are be then you can't be a wanabe
#2Golden MavenPosted 2/5/2013 7:18:20 PM
windman8 posted...
you're hands

ugh...
#3windman8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:22:23 PM
*Your* My bad =/ Any way topic still stands
---
the first lesson in being a wanabe is to not be because if you are be then you can't be a wanabe
#4zfstarkPosted 2/5/2013 7:25:54 PM
That's tough. The only controller I can say was 'perfect' was the SNES. Other than that I can find a flaw with every other controller since. Its hardly fair, though, since most modern controllers are incredibly more complex than SNES which needed only a few inputs to worry about.
---
This doesn't look like an accident...
#5windman8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:28:50 PM
That's true. I guess it might also come down to what you are used to using. Every wii game i owned that had GC support i used that over the wii remote
---
#6Golden MavenPosted 2/5/2013 7:34:09 PM
The SNES, N64, and GC all had the best controller of their time. The DualShock3 isn't bad, but the R2/L2 "pedals" suck for anything other than racing games... I'm not exactly a fan of click-able joysticks either.
#7smashmastermiiPosted 2/5/2013 7:37:28 PM
The gamecube definitely was my favorite controller, except it was missing another Z, but I guess having only one kinda made it unique in a way. I love the way the L and R buttons feel on it though, and i always liked how X,Y, and B were placed kinda around the A button, instead of being in a diamond pattern like most controllers now a days.
Before the wii came out i was actually expecting the controller to be like the GCN but wireless with another Z button and stick buttons, but i guess that never happened :P
#8midgarPosted 2/5/2013 7:44:35 PM
The SNES, N64, and GC all had the best controller of their time. The DualShock3 isn't bad, but the R2/L2 "pedals" suck for anything other than racing games... I'm not exactly a fan of click-able joysticks either.

...You seriously would take the N64 mess over a Dual Shock controller? That thing was horrendous. GC/PS2 is a wash, IMO.

My vote is for the Xbox 360 controller. I use it on my PS3, 360, and PC. Fits like a glove, perfect triggers and stick placement. Heavy, durable...

It's perfect.
#9spikejetedPosted 2/5/2013 7:47:38 PM
easily the Wii U's gamepad. This is by far my favorite controller ever. That is if you don't count portables as controller. Yeah, touchscreen hotkeys while I play a game. Effin sweet!!!
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#10zfstarkPosted 2/5/2013 8:23:56 PM
midgar posted...

...You seriously would take the N64 mess over a Dual Shock controller? That thing was horrendous. GC/PS2 is a wash, IMO.

My vote is for the Xbox 360 controller. I use it on my PS3, 360, and PC. Fits like a glove, perfect triggers and stick placement. Heavy, durable...

It's perfect.

Well, the reality is that the N64 had a couple years with a standard analog stick ahead of Sony and their optional Dual Analog and Dual Shock that only started to enter the market after the N64's release. While the dual analog/shock are better (no argument) it wasn't what people were growing up with at the time. I played so much Goldeneye that even when Halo came out years later I still had to play left handed and inverted due to the N64.
---
This doesn't look like an accident...