So, now that the Wii U's been out for a good three months...

#1HeaderHogPosted 2/5/2013 7:42:44 PM
Let's talk about what would happen when the 720 and the PS4 come out.
We have the Wii U, the devs know how to use it now, and Nintendo already has some new games out. It's picking up steam nicely.
Now, going by the expected arrival date of the other consoles (December 2013) we can expect that the Wii U will have a lot of things fixed from its launch.
Now, we have these new consoles, the PS4 and the 720.
Given that how the big seller of the 360 was superior online and hardware, but not many exclusives, we can expect around the same for the 720, with a few major bugs and glitches, perhaps even a bad system functionality defect that affects many consoles.
Then, we have the PS4.
Given from the last generation, the PS3 was an awkward middle ground. It had all right online, okay exclusives, and okay hardware, all at a very bad price point.
Given that Sony learns from their mistakes, they might not make a very powerful machine like Microsoft, only a small few steps away from the Wii U.
If they don't learn from their mistakes, then Sony will make a good console at a high price point.
Both consoles will have the same predicament as the Wii U with games, I.e., everyone complains that there are none.
Both consoles will experience bugs and glitches starting out.

Now, if you have any questions, please ask.
Otherwise, please discuss what I have said.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 2/5/2013 7:47:55 PM
Good for you for trying to start a discussion.

Microsoft can afford to make a super powered juggernaut. Whether they will is debatable, but I think they will, given the sheer volume of 360s sold.

Sony should watch their step. As long as their exclusives are good, they should be fine.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:49:45 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

Microsoft can afford to make a super powered juggernaut. Whether they will is debatable, but I think they will, given the sheer volume of 360s sold.

Sony should watch their step. As long as their exclusives are good, they should be fine.

How will this affect Nintendo though?
Nintendo is a less powerful Sony with more money.
I think that they'll take a small hit, but be fine overall.
---
Bacon.
#4Auction SniperPosted 2/5/2013 7:52:40 PM
I just hope they aren't bulkier and more power-hungry than the launch model PS3.
---
I sleep in a racing car, do you?
#5SegavsCapcomPosted 2/5/2013 8:17:29 PM
HeaderHog posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

How will this affect Nintendo though?
Nintendo is a less powerful Sony with more money.
I think that they'll take a small hit, but be fine overall.

If Nintendo keeps a steady supply of good games and ramps up the advertising, they shouldn't take a hit. If they did take a hit, it'd be small.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#6_Sovereign_Posted 2/5/2013 8:34:24 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

If Sony makes a comparable console to WiiU, MS will be up the creek if they make a super-powered behemoth. Devs and Publishers will cater to the least expensive, cost efficient, systems while MS continues to close down studios after 1-2 exclusive games ( even though Sony is guilty of that recently too)

The best bet for anybody, is that they both make a comparable system to WiiU ( like PS2/GC era) that way they can give us great games, recoup all they lost last gen, and maybe make something that's worth a damn again.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#7DeathSnipe777Posted 2/5/2013 8:36:39 PM
We have the Wii U, the devs know how to use it now

Um, no they don't... after 6 years devs are still squeezing more out of the PS3 and 360. Stuff like Uncharted and Halo 4 is the result of experimenting, tweaking and testing after years and years of effort.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#8HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:37:44 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
We have the Wii U, the devs know how to use it now

Um, no they don't... after 6 years devs are still squeezing more out of the PS3 and 360. Stuff like Uncharted and Halo 4 is the result of experimenting, tweaking and testing after years and years of effort.

Yes... That means that by December, devs should know how to use it at a comparable level.
---
Bacon.
#9LinktoDrinkPosted 2/6/2013 1:54:28 PM
You actually don't need to press Enter after each of your sentences.
#10HeaderHog(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:05:44 PM
LinktoDrink posted...
You actually don't need to press Enter after each of your sentences.

Yes
I
do
have
to.
It
makes
things
seem
more
important.
---