Why do people care what gen wii U is?

#1berenddebeerPosted 2/6/2013 2:20:21 AM
This week alone I played games on my snes, ds, 3ds, psp, xbox360 and wii. I enjoy all of them. They are from different gens. Why are gens important? Please tell me.
#2VoelgerPosted 2/6/2013 2:32:59 AM
What's funny is that people use the fact that Wii U is weaker than the new Xbox and playstation as proof the system will not be as good. But yet it seems universally accepted that the 3DS is a much better system than vita and vita is a much stronger system.

I appreciate that the Wii U is much stronger than the Wii and GameCube, but much cheaper than the new consoles will be.

I'll predict that the PS4 will be 499$

At least Xbox is fiddling around with cheaper prices with monthly subscriptions
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#3silverbulltPosted 2/6/2013 2:36:26 AM
Voelger posted...
What's funny is that people use the fact that Wii U is weaker than the new Xbox and playstation as proof the system will not be as good. But yet it seems universally accepted that the 3DS is a much better system than vita and vita is a much stronger system.

I appreciate that the Wii U is much stronger than the Wii and GameCube, but much cheaper than the new consoles will be.

The 3ds isn't popular by it's own hardware merit.
Nintendo IPs are popular.

Yes you guessed right. Nintendo hardware are Marios and Zeldas boxes.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
Nintendo FIX the Wii U FFS: http://youtu.be/gl5_qODv-gQ
#4berenddebeer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:19:44 AM
silverbullt posted...
Voelger posted...

The 3ds isn't popular by it's own hardware merit.
Nintendo IPs are popular.

Yes you guessed right. Nintendo hardware are Marios and Zeldas boxes.

Does it matter? Hardware never sells on it's own.
#5Charles_DaBeastPosted 2/6/2013 4:07:04 AM
Personally I don't care about what gen it is or how powerful the hardware is. Just give me a bloody good game and I'm happy. The GameCube for me was my favourite. The games just kicked arse.
---
Wii U Nintendo ID - CharlesDaBeast
#6SoeroahPosted 2/6/2013 4:25:29 AM
Charles_DaBeast posted...
Personally I don't care about what gen it is or how powerful the hardware is. Just give me a bloody good game and I'm happy. The GameCube for me was my favourite. The games just kicked arse.

Aye. While games can be more enjoyable with power behind them, some older games have lasted me over ten years, if not fifteen. I can still go back to my Gameboy and play the original Pokemon if I wanted and they aren't exactly cutting edge.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#7Lefty128kPosted 2/6/2013 4:47:12 AM
berenddebeer posted...
This week alone I played games on my snes, ds, 3ds, psp, xbox360 and wii. I enjoy all of them. They are from different gens. Why are gens important? Please tell me.

Seems to be a big deal to the NEStablishment, that the Wii U is thought of as next-gen.

Won't change the fact that it's not really all that advanced from the current gen in capability.
#8GLDanzegoPosted 2/6/2013 5:32:18 AM
They need to validate not owning one. If the trolls and naysayers truly didn't care about the Wii U, they wouldn't come on a messageboard and waste time posting about something they allegedly don't like and don't want.
#9Virus66Posted 2/6/2013 5:43:17 AM
People care because they need a reason to hate the Wii U and they'll find any reason to do it.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#10ShaunageAUPosted 2/6/2013 5:56:41 AM
It matters because it means it will get drastically worse versions of multiplatform games, and so is fairly useless as a sole console. The exclusives will be good, but they'll be the only games worth playing.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.