Why do people care what gen wii U is?

#21Charles_DaBeastPosted 2/7/2013 2:56:57 AM
Personally I buy a Nintendo console for the exclusives and not the multiplats.
---
Wii U Nintendo ID - CharlesDaBeast
#22_Sovereign_Posted 2/7/2013 8:12:40 AM
ShaunageAU posted...
It matters because it means it will get drastically worse versions of multiplatform games, and so is fairly useless as a sole console. The exclusives will be good, but they'll be the only games worth playing.

If WiiU is your only console, how do you know it has the "worst" versions? Word of mouth?
What exactly would qualify it as "worst"? Sub-due'd graphics, lower resolution, loss of features?

Point is, until you play the best version and recognize the difference, no one cares. I played Mortal Kombat without blood originally, and wouldn't you know it, it played the exact same as it's gory counterpart. The inclusion of gore didn't add to anything if Goro still cheated on his teleport jump, if a sweep could still knock you down even if the character model never touched you.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#23anon_firePosted 2/7/2013 8:32:00 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
keniption posted...
Here's pretty much proof of what gen everything belongs to. Though people know this and some just turn a blind eye.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(eighth_generation)

inb4 that can be edited by anyone

Well who ever edited it got it right.

It says Wii U is 7th generation..

Proof

http://i.imgur.com/p9LAR6c.png

Wrong on so many levels, you're just afraid to admit it.

Wii U is INDEED 8th generation.
#24ShaunageAUPosted 2/7/2013 3:18:28 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
ShaunageAU posted...
It matters because it means it will get drastically worse versions of multiplatform games, and so is fairly useless as a sole console. The exclusives will be good, but they'll be the only games worth playing.

If WiiU is your only console, how do you know it has the "worst" versions? Word of mouth?
What exactly would qualify it as "worst"? Sub-due'd graphics, lower resolution, loss of features?

Point is, until you play the best version and recognize the difference, no one cares. I played Mortal Kombat without blood originally, and wouldn't you know it, it played the exact same as it's gory counterpart. The inclusion of gore didn't add to anything if Goro still cheated on his teleport jump, if a sweep could still knock you down even if the character model never touched you.

Your argument is that you won't know any better? Really? You intend to hide your head in the sand and pretend the real versions of those games don't exist?
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.