is the next 3D Mario game going to be Galaxy 3 or something else?

#1reptileeggPosted 2/6/2013 6:40:14 AM
do you know?
#2Poopcorn13Posted 2/6/2013 6:45:06 AM
Nope.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#3SocranPosted 2/6/2013 6:45:08 AM
There is a small, small chance of it being Galaxy 3, but evidence suggests that Nintendo wants to keep a seperate 3D Mario series on each console, with Galaxy 2 only existing because it was still on the Wii.

Plus, they've announced that there will be "a new 3D Mario" without saying what it is, suggesting it's not an existing title.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 6:52:33 AM
We don't know. I would say probably not, as Nintendo likes its 3D Mario titles to use the new hardware in creative ways, so it will probably be new gameplay using the Gamepad rather than spherical levels and gravity.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5BonezWellPosted 2/6/2013 6:56:18 AM
Hope not. Didn't really enjoy Galaxy 2, felt like 1.5

Hope they go with something else again, and I think they will.
---
Please note: The above post may contain sarcasm.
Please use your senses to determine if this is the case or not.
#6mahboiPosted 2/6/2013 8:09:04 AM
All I want from this game is for it to not focus on nostalgia value.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 54
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#7nonexistingheroPosted 2/6/2013 8:17:12 AM
Socran posted...
There is a small, small chance of it being Galaxy 3, but evidence suggests that Nintendo wants to keep a seperate 3D Mario series on each console, with Galaxy 2 only existing because it was still on the Wii.

Plus, they've announced that there will be "a new 3D Mario" without saying what it is, suggesting it's not an existing title.

The main reason why they made a Galaxy 2, is because of the overwhelming positive reception by both critics and fans. Yeah, some fans deem it unnecessary, but there was definitely a demand for more. Otherwise they probably would've gone for a different setting. Hmm, I doubt the would've even made another 3D Mario platformer for the Wii... it would probably have been a Wii U launch game.

Anyhow, I think we're better off like this. If it would've been a Wii U launch game, then it would've been released when Nintendo was still trying to figure out how to make games for hardware this powerful. Meanwhile, now it will be released after Nintendo figured it out.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8trenkenPosted 2/6/2013 8:23:39 AM
Better NOT be another GalaZy. If it is it just proves this company really has no ability to do anything new.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9trenkenPosted 2/6/2013 8:25:33 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Socran posted...

The main reason why they made a Galaxy 2, is because of the overwhelming positive reception by both critics and fans. Yeah, some fans deem it unnecessary, but there was definitely a demand for more. Otherwise they probably would've gone for a different setting. Hmm, I doubt the would've even made another 3D Mario platformer for the Wii... it would probably have been a Wii U launch game.

Anyhow, I think we're better off like this. If it would've been a Wii U launch game, then it would've been released when Nintendo was still trying to figure out how to make games for hardware this powerful. Meanwhile, now it will be released after Nintendo figured it out.

This is not the reason. All Mario games get overwhelming reception! They knew people were complaining about the Wii not having enough "core" games, so they took the lazy way out.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10StephenYap3Posted 2/6/2013 9:59:55 AM
I hope it's not Galaxy 3. I think the series reached its full potential already and I don't think it could be improved a little more.

Instead, I just want an entirely new 3D Mario game that is not inspired by 3D Land or Sunshine. Both of these games I played are good, but like I said for the Galaxy series...
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(