Bayonetta 2 to sell 10 million!

#1nonexistingheroPosted 2/6/2013 8:02:02 AM
Well, it most certainly has to potential to sell that much, given the right kind of marketing. Okay, it will probably sell closer to 5 million if given the right kind of marketing. But I do think Nintendo should really push this game.

Would love to see a technical action game break through these days. Ninja Gaiden and DMC games did a great job for a while. But after Ninja Gaiden 2, DMC4 and Bayonetta just about every hack & slash action game steered more towards the God of War kind of gameplay. Then there's Ninja Gaiden 3 and DmC just failing to do so. I'm sure Metal Gear Rising will be awesome, but I doubt it will break through.

So... Bayonetta 2 it is then. Perhaps this game could spark some motivation from developers to start developing more of these kinds of games (technical hack & slash action games).

...okay, I know I didn't mention Devil's Third, but that's a shooter with hack & slash elements, last time I checked.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/6/2013 8:03:17 AM
My ass.

As long as it makes a tiny profit I'll be happy.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3Crazy_tank51Posted 2/6/2013 8:03:56 AM
While I'm getting the game, I doubt it will do THAT well, the first one wasn't big either. I'd say maybe like a million, possibly 2 mil.
---
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
#4greatone101Posted 2/6/2013 8:06:58 AM
It wont even sell 500k.

the first game only sold 1.06 mil on ps3 and 800k on Xbox 360 plus there were plenty of advertising for it. If you really think Bayonetta 2 will sell more than a mil on the Wii U you are nothing but delusional.

Bayonetta will just end up being a failure in sales proving to third parties that their games wont sell well on Nintendo systems.
#5LonelyGoombaPosted 2/6/2013 8:07:22 AM
itll probably sell closer a million due to, it being on a Nintendo console and the big backlash associated with it
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
Please check out my YT channel, even if you hate it, thats fine.
#6TheBonfiniPosted 2/6/2013 8:09:58 AM
Yes, every Wii-U owner will buy five copies of this game to hit 10 million units!

BANK ON IT!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#7nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:12:42 AM(edited)
greatone101 posted...
It wont even sell 500k.

the first game only sold 1.06 mil on ps3 and 800k on Xbox 360 plus there were plenty of advertising for it. If you really think Bayonetta 2 will sell more than a mil on the Wii U you are nothing but delusional.

Bayonetta will just end up being a failure in sales proving to third parties that their games wont sell well on Nintendo systems.

Almost 2 million is pretty good. And Nintendo has had games that have sold more than 5 million on a single console (with a couple that sold 20+ million). The game has a good chance of selling at least a million. Anyway, point of this topic is that I want to see more technical action games on the market. Platinum Games is awesome, but the Ninja Gaiden and DMC franchises have gone to hell right now, which means Platinum is the only company these days that's capable of making these types of games very well.
---
#8jon davisPosted 2/6/2013 8:13:59 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
greatone101 posted...
It wont even sell 500k.

Almost 2 million is pretty good. And Nintendo has had games that have sold more than 5 million on a single console (with a couple that sold 20+ million). The game has a good chance of selling at least a million. Anyway, point of this topic is that I want to see more technical action games on the market. Platinum Games is awesome, but the Ninja Gaiden and DMC franchises have gone to hell right now, which means Platinum is the only company these days that's capable of making these types of games very well.

Only Nintendos own first party IPs have sold in those numbers.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#9greatone101Posted 2/6/2013 8:15:27 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
greatone101 posted...
It wont even sell 500k.

Again you are delusional to think Bayonetta 2 will sell more than what the first game did on both PS3/Xbox 360 COMBINED on a Nintendo console. And just about every game that sold more than 5 mil on a nintendo console is first party or casual third party.
#10nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:19:20 AM
It has potential. I'm not saying it will, I'm saying I hope it will sell a lot. Some games have managed to pull it off. FF7 was a game from an existing franchise on a new console, yet it sold more than any FF game before it. Miracles do happen... sometimes.
---