nintendo *****slaps microsoft and sony with zelda

#1hydrocrushPosted 2/6/2013 7:52:58 AM
a zelda game is definitely something to fear

once a system has loz there is alot more reason to get it over something else

when a exact date appears for wind waker hd the weeks around it will be poisoned for everyone else especially when you are trying to sell a system that cant have a game as big as a legend of zelda

its like putting a new show on tv and the first ep happens during the superbowl

so microsoft to avoid the attack of a zelda game by launching early with less games and at a bad time like late summer not to mention it wont be finished yet so buggy like red rings of death

or launch late maybe even past black friday or early next year

nintendo puts out wwhd on or right before black friday and that will destroy microsoft and sony
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836
#2Zato InfinitePosted 2/6/2013 7:57:55 AM
You feel better now after getting that off your chest? You sound like you lost a lot of sleep over it.
#3Ryan SiPosted 2/6/2013 8:13:11 AM
Are you kidding me? The Legend of Zelda series has fallen off big time.

Skyward Sword was hardly a blip on the industry map in 2011 and it would have been even smaller had it not been the only worthwhile Wii release the entire year. I mean seriously, how well did the game sell compared to other big-name releases in that year?

Back when ALTTP and OOT launched, they were legit system sellers...to all gamers, not just Nintendo fans. The problem is that the series is beyond stale and Nintendo refuses to give us what the majority want....realistic graphics, a modern presentation (voice acting), and a story not written by a 6 year old.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)
#4Godstriker8Posted 2/6/2013 8:14:04 AM
I've always found the series to be overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're good games, but I would never call them the best games of all time.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#5PendragoonPosted 2/6/2013 8:18:06 AM
Skyward Sword suffered for being a Motion Plus title. Core Zelda fans had already gotten a Wii long before Motion Plus came along and few had made the jump. $70 minimum entry price cause a lot of fans to wait it out, and that hurt sales.

Zelda is still a system seller, but it will never have the attach rate of a 2D Mario title.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#6omescythePosted 2/6/2013 8:23:39 AM
you think with zelda being as popular as it it is there be clone games out of it but there are not. you think more games would use part of its mechanics.
#7Mirror_AuraPosted 2/6/2013 8:24:50 AM
you think with zelda being as popular as it it is there be clone games out of it but there are not. you think more games would use part of its mechanics.

Zelda isn't popular anymore.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#8LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/6/2013 8:25:57 AM
Ryan Si posted...
Are you kidding me? The Legend of Zelda series has fallen off big time.

Skyward Sword was hardly a blip on the industry map in 2011 and it would have been even smaller had it not been the only worthwhile Wii release the entire year. I mean seriously, how well did the game sell compared to other big-name releases in that year?

Back when ALTTP and OOT launched, they were legit system sellers...to all gamers, not just Nintendo fans. The problem is that the series is beyond stale and Nintendo refuses to give us what the majority want....realistic graphics, a modern presentation (voice acting), and a story not written by a 6 year old.

Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess stories =/= written by 6 year old.

However, I agree that LoZ has gotten worse with Skyward Sword. That's 1 game, though, and Nintendo have pretty much already stated they're scrapping linear progression, and returning to the exploration-style gameplay.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#9LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/6/2013 8:26:47 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
I've always found the series to be overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're good games, but I would never call them the best games of all time.

Nope. Zelda > everything
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#10sonicsonicPosted 2/6/2013 8:42:31 AM
Ryan Si posted...

Zelda games aren't what they used to be, but voice acting!? You think voice acting is gonna make any difference to the franchise apart from make it worse ?

Zelda stories are never the most exciting ones, but they do have their moments and keep the player going forward with enough interest in the world around to feel the need to explore. I can only imagine what you want from the series is sex, drugs and death. The definition of mature story telling y'know ?

Sounds like you want Metal Gear Zelda. I suppose I sound like a rabid Zelda fanboy, but your suggestions are poor.