nintendo *****slaps microsoft and sony with zelda

#21lipnox88Posted 2/6/2013 9:09:18 AM
Skyward sword is the worst zelda game by far, partially the active sitting position required to even play the thing, no relaxing on the couch here (a terrible choice for a puzzle/adventure game where having a right stick to move camera would have been 10x better then a simplistic rock paper scissors mini game).

Fi was the worst guide ever constantly telling me obvious stuff, and just making me irritable.

The endless situations it takes away control for 10 seconds to show me I collected the 30th of the same simple item or bug.

the fact theres only 1 town is lame, the fact flying is a pointless mini game not a free roaming explore like in every other zelda game overworld

anything involving bombs in this game was also terrible as the motion controls would stop working at these moments 75% of the time I was playing and constantly lead to cheap deaths.
---
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,
#22sonicsonicPosted 2/6/2013 9:11:41 AM
omniryu posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Ryan Si posted...

Back when ALTTP and OOT launched, they were legit system sellers...to all gamers, not just Nintendo fans. The problem is that the series is beyond stale and Nintendo refuses to give us what the majority want....realistic graphics, a modern presentation (voice acting), and a story not written by a 6 year old.

Zelda games aren't what they used to be, but voice acting!? You think voice acting is gonna make any difference to the franchise apart from make it worse ?

Zelda stories are never the most exciting ones, but they do have their moments and keep the player going forward with enough interest in the world around to feel the need to explore. I can only imagine what you want from the series is sex, drugs and death. The definition of mature story telling y'know ?

Sounds like you want Metal Gear Zelda. I suppose I sound like a rabid Zelda fanboy, but your suggestions are poor.

You must of never played twilight princess.

I have... and I don't know what you mean?

The voice acting was minimal like all Zelda games and the story was like most Zelda games. What am I missing ?
#23HELZEROPosted 2/6/2013 9:18:13 AM
Sorry I prefer dark souls cuz ya know I live in the present. If zelda goes coop we can talk.
#24omniryuPosted 2/6/2013 9:38:08 AM
sonicsonic posted...
omniryu posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Ryan Si posted...

Back when ALTTP and OOT launched, they were legit system sellers...to all gamers, not just Nintendo fans. The problem is that the series is beyond stale and Nintendo refuses to give us what the majority want....realistic graphics, a modern presentation (voice acting), and a story not written by a 6 year old.

Zelda games aren't what they used to be, but voice acting!? You think voice acting is gonna make any difference to the franchise apart from make it worse ?

Zelda stories are never the most exciting ones, but they do have their moments and keep the player going forward with enough interest in the world around to feel the need to explore. I can only imagine what you want from the series is sex, drugs and death. The definition of mature story telling y'know ?

Sounds like you want Metal Gear Zelda. I suppose I sound like a rabid Zelda fanboy, but your suggestions are poor.

You must of never played twilight princess.

I have... and I don't know what you mean?

The voice acting was minimal like all Zelda games and the story was like most Zelda games. What am I missing ?

The most intense scenes were severely stunted by not having voice acting. Body language expression can go only so far.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#25STE573Posted 2/6/2013 9:42:17 AM
The best Zelda of recent times is Darksiders... Yeah, I went there.

Seriously though, I would love to see a brand new zelda asap.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#26Solid_SOAPPosted 2/6/2013 9:52:02 AM
If Nintendo can get voice actors for Kid Icarus Uprising, a completely out of the blue reboot for a two-decade old franchise that no one seems to care about, that completely charmed and significantly added to the experience, I think they can do voice acting in Zelda.

Voice acting doesn't mean Link speaks, voice acting doesn't mean CD-I quality, voice acting doesn't mean every character has a voice, all that it means is that during important cut scenes the characters will speak. Have any of you anti-voice acting people ever actually played an RPG? Lots of times NPCs within towns don't have a voice, while in cut scenes the major players all get voiced. Imagine Ghirahim with Hades' voice from Kid Icarus, or Zelda with Lady Palutena's, the dramatic and humorous cut scenes of that game would significantly be improved.

They could even opt out for an option to not have voice acting for the purists who wish for nothing to ever change, but I don't see how getting a solid line-up of good actors would do anything but improve Zelda's tired old formula.
#27Oni_TaedoPosted 2/6/2013 9:55:53 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
I've always found the series to be overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're good games, but I would never call them the best games of all time.

Nope. Zelda > everything, with the exception of Megaman X

Fixed.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#28Cookie_AromaPosted 2/6/2013 9:57:53 AM
HELZERO posted...
Sorry I prefer dark souls cuz ya know I live in the present. If zelda goes coop we can talk.

Given what was said in the previous Nintendo Direct, there's a good chance it might go co-op.
#29InnerSolacePosted 2/6/2013 10:02:50 AM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
I've always found the series to be overrated. Don't get me wrong, they're good games, but I would never call them the best games of all time.

Nope. Zelda > everything

Agreed. Zelda's always been my favorite too. Ever since I was 9 years old and played Ocarina of Time.

I'm still saddened that I haven't yet had the chance to play Skyward Sword. Hope I'll be able to one of these days.
---
Signature.
#30ReyMilansteryoPosted 2/6/2013 10:08:29 AM
OoT: good game but severly overrated
Majora's Mask: Best zelda game
WW : was okay
Twilight Princess: bit better then OoT
Skyward Sward: Utter trash (and i aint talking bout the Motion controls)
---
PSN: DGray_Squally
Now playing: Dishonored (PC), MGS 3 HD, Mass Effect, AC 3, MGS Peace Walker, FF VII (PC remake),Borderlands 2 (PC)