nintendo *****slaps microsoft and sony with zelda

#61Ampharos64Posted 2/6/2013 1:49:31 PM(edited)
hydrocrush posted...
You mean the failstation for the ppl who have lots of money and hate good games
or the trashbox which 12 year olds beg to get for shooters so they can grow up and pull off a mass shooting?

Ok, pretty sure you're trolling now. Actually, I hope you are. For starters, the PS3 is hardly extremely expensive anymore and hasn't been for some time (it's at least cheaper than the Wii U, as indeed you'd expect for older hardware). Good games? Just for one, how about Okami HD, would you count that as good? If WW HD counts as a Wii U title then it also ought to count for the PS3. I definitely think it has flaws, but so does WW.
That kind of reference to mass shootings is rather insensitive, imo, it trivialises the issue just in an attempt to score points in a console wars debate.
#62PendragoonPosted 2/6/2013 1:55:11 PM
hydrocrush posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Skyward Sword suffered for being a Motion Plus title. Core Zelda fans had already gotten a Wii long before Motion Plus came along and few had made the jump. $70 minimum entry price cause a lot of fans to wait it out, and that hurt sales.

Zelda is still a system seller, but it will never have the attach rate of a 2D Mario title.

skyward sword had a few things wrong like it was 2nd to ww for lowest number of dungoens which is 1 reason ppl are hoping wwhd has extras

also there was twilight princess which many ppl bought the gamecube version and played on the wii

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/gamecube-and-wii-zelda/135594-skyward-sword-dungeon-count.html

Worth noting that the entire surface is a dungeon as well. (it is set up like the old GBC Zelda gemes)
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#63googlerPosted 2/6/2013 2:04:54 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
Skyward Sword suffered for being a Motion Plus title. Core Zelda fans had already gotten a Wii long before Motion Plus came along and few had made the jump. $70 minimum entry price cause a lot of fans to wait it out, and that hurt sales.

Zelda is still a system seller, but it will never have the attach rate of a 2D Mario title.

Zelda wasn't a system seller for several consoles now. You dont see new blood picking up a Nintendo system for Zelda, its always long time Nintendo fans. All the people who plan to buy Zelda already have a Wii U unless its some stragglers or somebody that can't afford it yet
#64Ryan SiPosted 2/6/2013 2:12:58 PM
sonicsonic posted...
Ryan Si posted...

Back when ALTTP and OOT launched, they were legit system sellers...to all gamers, not just Nintendo fans. The problem is that the series is beyond stale and Nintendo refuses to give us what the majority want....realistic graphics, a modern presentation (voice acting), and a story not written by a 6 year old.

Zelda games aren't what they used to be, but voice acting!? You think voice acting is gonna make any difference to the franchise apart from make it worse ?

Zelda stories are never the most exciting ones, but they do have their moments and keep the player going forward with enough interest in the world around to feel the need to explore. I can only imagine what you want from the series is sex, drugs and death. The definition of mature story telling y'know ?.

Where in my post did I mention the words "mature," "death," "sex," or "drugs?" Not anywhere. I just want a story with good character depth and exciting plot twists...not the same old, same old. How you jumped to typical fanboy "mature" rant I have no clue.

The fact is that the majority want realistic graphics, get over it. A Zelda release is hardly the biggest game release of the year at this point. SS didn't convince anyone to go out and purchase a Wii. There are plenty of games with great voice acting as well. You're just afraid of change, simple as that.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)
#65Alfieri xPosted 2/6/2013 2:25:36 PM
Zelda games are good IMO, but if you really want a Sony/XBox doomsday I can only think in Smash Bros Wii U, I think Nintendo will plan to release it so well to cause competitors a huge financial loss.
---
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#66diggyfreshPosted 2/6/2013 2:44:59 PM
hydrocrush posted...
a zelda game is definitely something to fear

once a system has loz there is alot more reason to get it over something else

when a exact date appears for wind waker hd the weeks around it will be poisoned for everyone else especially when you are trying to sell a system that cant have a game as big as a legend of zelda

its like putting a new show on tv and the first ep happens during the superbowl

so microsoft to avoid the attack of a zelda game by launching early with less games and at a bad time like late summer not to mention it wont be finished yet so buggy like red rings of death

or launch late maybe even past black friday or early next year

nintendo puts out wwhd on or right before black friday and that will destroy microsoft and sony

not gonna happen. N wants its Zelda to get all the attention possible. less distractions means more enjoyment of the Zelda.

they will release it after the hype of PS4/Durango has expired. at that time gamers will pay it the attention it deserves.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#67IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/6/2013 2:48:20 PM
WWHD doesn't look good at all. It's way too overbloomed.
#68bond465Posted 2/6/2013 2:49:42 PM
Ryan Si posted...
Are you kidding me? The Legend of Zelda series has fallen off big time.

Skyward Sword was hardly a blip on the industry map in 2011 and it would have been even smaller had it not been the only worthwhile Wii release the entire year. I mean seriously, how well did the game sell compared to other big-name releases in that year?

Back when ALTTP and OOT launched, they were legit system sellers...to all gamers, not just Nintendo fans. The problem is that the series is beyond stale and Nintendo refuses to give us what the majority want....realistic graphics, a modern presentation (voice acting), and a story not written by a 6 year old.

Brutally honest....and unfortunately true.
#69Lefty128kPosted 2/6/2013 3:17:22 PM
Nintendo budgets for the absolute minimal they can get away with. Don't count on a fully-voiced, modern-graphics version of Zelda anytime soon. Nintendo simply won't risk the money, they are a play-it-safe company.
#70hydrocrush(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:17:37 PM
DolphLundgrennn posted...
hydrocrush posted...
DolphLundgrennn posted...
lmao nintendo appeals to children and any adult who buys a nintendo system is a manchild. grow up and buy a big boy system or a PC.

you mean the failstation for the ppl who have lots of money and hate good games
or the trashbox which 12 year olds beg to get for shooters so they can grow up and pull off a mass shooting?

lol u r a bad troll nintendo system suck thats why its only for pedofiles

like you?
---
black 2 FC 3998 4354 0836