I don't want to see another Metroid game...

#11HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 9:40:00 AM
Because once a series has a bad installment, it's impossible for it to ever have a good installment again.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#12Oni_TaedoPosted 2/6/2013 9:49:21 AM
abbyhitter posted...
Other M is not a crap game. I loved it a lot more than the Prime series because I hate 1st person shooters.

Prime isn't a shooter.
It's a first-person action/adventure.

That's like saying that Megaman is a shmup.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
Hit me up for a match, always looking for new sparring partners.
#13PedroMontanaPosted 2/6/2013 9:51:29 AM
Both this topic and the TC's signature are pretty ironic considering he has "Sonic" in his name.
---
No More Heroes
#14StarmanJuniorPosted 2/6/2013 9:51:42 AM
yeah Other M was pretty awful.

But people keep forgetting about MP hunters too! That one was almost equally as atrocious as Other M.

So yeah, 2 bad games...BUT...there were many good games in the series as well, and I'd love to see it rebooted...not with Nintendo or Team Ninja touching it though. They have sticky fingers.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#15Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:52:06 AM
AHEM...it is derived from Sonic AND Solid Snake, thank you very much.
---
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.
#16cucumberkingPosted 2/6/2013 10:04:18 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Other M actually wasn't even that bad.

Comparing anything to Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, the Prime quadrilogy, and Metroid II, would make it look bad.

Watch.

Compared to Metroid Prime, Perfect Dark is utter trash.

See?

Another one.

To say that Castlevania 4 and Super Metroid are on the same level, would be an insult to the latter of the two.

It doesn't matter how good the game is, you compare it to Super Metroid, or Metroid Prime, it's probably going to seem like crap.

That being said, Other M also wasn't very good.
It's average at best, and at least.

I didn't like Super Metroid or Prime personally.
#17Oni_TaedoPosted 2/6/2013 10:09:21 AM
cucumberking posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Other M actually wasn't even that bad.

Comparing anything to Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, the Prime quadrilogy, and Metroid II, would make it look bad.

Watch.

Compared to Metroid Prime, Perfect Dark is utter trash.

See?

Another one.

To say that Castlevania 4 and Super Metroid are on the same level, would be an insult to the latter of the two.

It doesn't matter how good the game is, you compare it to Super Metroid, or Metroid Prime, it's probably going to seem like crap.

That being said, Other M also wasn't very good.
It's average at best, and at least.

I didn't like Super Metroid or Prime personally.

That's nice.

I hate Super Metroid.

It's still one of the greatest games of all time.

Something's quality is not subjective. A game's quality doesn't differ from person to person.
---
#18Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/6/2013 10:14:29 AM
Solid Sonic posted...
Nintendo blew it with Other M.

It's done. Never revisit this series.

Nintendo didn't make Other M, Team Ninja (a studio within Tecmo) made it. Team Ninja failed, not Nintendo.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#19sythe343Posted 2/6/2013 10:26:17 AM
I can't wait for a new Metroid, and I liked Other M for what it tried to do. I'd like to see them redo Super Metroid, but do it in the style similar to how they do the new mario games. 3d models and details, but the game plays on a 2-d plane.

I didn't ever get to play the Prime series, I always wanted to. Anyone know if there is a chance for a digital download in the future? Especially since they are redoing Wind Waker.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#20Oni_TaedoPosted 2/6/2013 10:27:15 AM
Also, might I point to Sonic?

Sonic 2-SA2: Great.

Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog (a spinoff, sure, but still a Sonic game. It carries many elements from the other Sonic games, thus is counts), Sonic 06: Terrible

Sonic Unleashed: Decent

Sonic Colours and Generations: OMFGAWESOME.

It's not too late for Metroid to come back from Other M.
Now, if we had four or five games that were around Other M's quality, in a row, I would agree with you.
---