I have a gut feeling - Wii U will be my 1st Console

#1whatnow12012Posted 2/6/2013 9:05:12 AM
I have this gut feeling that cause of the TECH or over-priced 720 or PS4 consoles I will not be getting either of them.

Dont really care about the banning of used games all the games I buy are new anyways, my main concern over them would be the Always ON device. Meaning, DSL, Broadband or a WiFi connection is required to operate them.

If people live out in a rurual area or Mountinous Area that is hilly or no visible line of site to a tower or live in a place called a DEAD-ZONE this means no internet connections or cell phone access then people like these would never get to enjoy the 720 or PS4.

So there only option would be to get a Wii U or one of the new portables such as a 3DS or a Vita.

To me I am not a fan-boy I dont like a specific console me I like the games no matter the console SONY. NINTENDO, or MICROSOFT each of them make there own awesome games this is why I think the endless debate of the console wars is a stupid concept in my opinion.

If I can I will try to get all 3 consoles but largely this depends on the TECH & PRICE of the other 2 consoles with the Feb 20th suppose to be the reveal of the PS4 I doubt if anything will be revealed other than a few games & a very very short glimpse of the console itself and new games such as DA 3 or BattleField 4 maybe Vs. 13.

Nintendo will have some awesome stuff revealed at E3 from a couple of new Zeldas to the remake of DQ 7 for the 3DS maybe some core franchises such as Star Fox and Metroid will make there Wii U Debut. Keep in mind there has not been any big Star Fox games since the days of the Gamecube the last was Assault.

So it looks like Wii-U could be my 1st console cause of the Price & Tech of the other 2 consoles, but like I said I need more solid info before I make my final choice between the 3.

For now I am just going to get a 3DS in April then a Vita in June and just keep my current array of consoles.
#2sythe343Posted 2/6/2013 9:18:15 AM
The main reason that companies are going nuts about the "Always need to be connected online" is because here in the U.S. there are plans to undergo a massive online WiFi change. They government is wanting to propose that internet be placed all over the country and to be accessible for FREE. Telecom companies are going nuts trying to cut it out. Main reason is that they'll start losing money on wireless communication, most phones and whatnot will use the nation wifi to bypass paying for service charges.

This service is expected to allow even many rural areas to recieve the wifi.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#3ish0turfac3Posted 2/6/2013 9:41:17 AM
sythe343 posted...
The main reason that companies are going nuts about the "Always need to be connected online" is because here in the U.S. there are plans to undergo a massive online WiFi change. They government is wanting to propose that internet be placed all over the country and to be accessible for FREE. Telecom companies are going nuts trying to cut it out. Main reason is that they'll start losing money on wireless communication, most phones and whatnot will use the nation wifi to bypass paying for service charges.

"Free" like obamacare? Where people who already have internet/healtcare will still have to pay for other people to have it?
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#4sythe343Posted 2/6/2013 9:43:19 AM
ish0turfac3 posted...
sythe343 posted...

"Free" like obamacare? Where people who already have internet/healtcare will still have to pay for other people to have it?

No, free as in, free.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/tech-telecom-giants-take-sides-as-fcc-proposes-large-public-wifi-networks/2013/02/03/eb27d3e0-698b-11e2-ada3-d86a4806d5ee_story.html?tid=pm_pop

And Obamacare was never going to be free. We would all have to pay for it one way or another, just like every other country with nationwide healthcare.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
#5whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:15:53 AM
Stil Wii U will more than likely be my 1st console at least it dosent Ban used games, it is backwards and it isnt going to be a High-Tech piece of crap like the PS4 & 720 is.

People are going to be pissed when they get them and can not figure out why they will not work that is cause they dont have Internet Access such as myself then they will be out 600+ or more talk about pissing off your customers nice job SONY & MICROSOFT.
#6sythe343Posted 2/6/2013 10:21:15 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
Stil Wii U will more than likely be my 1st console at least it dosent Ban used games, it is backwards and it isnt going to be a High-Tech piece of crap like the PS4 & 720 is.

People are going to be pissed when they get them and can not figure out why they will not work that is cause they dont have Internet Access such as myself then they will be out 600+ or more talk about pissing off your customers nice job SONY & MICROSOFT.

I agree with you whatnow. I feel bad for the folks that go, "OOOH it's the new Xbox." Pick it up and it doesn't work. Or when they try to let each other borrow single player games.

actually the No used content kinda sealed it for me. If my friend has a copy of a game i'd much rather borrow his, play my fulfillment, and give it right back. This negates that completely.
---
#7whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:28:32 AM
Also your friends couldnt borrow your games or your console

1. Always on what if they dont have Online such as myself

2. Password Protected meaning they need your password to play the game.

These deals have made me decided to go with the U at least my friends can borrow U games and my U console.