wiiu always online not required to play games unlike the competition,

#11DiscostewSMPosted 2/6/2013 11:45:45 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Reassurance topic.

Not very reassuring for the next Sony/Microsoft consoles...
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#12slyman19Posted 2/6/2013 11:48:04 AM
Troll topic. Nothing has been confirmed, so stop talking like it has.
#13Ryan SiPosted 2/6/2013 11:50:43 AM
Seriously, unless you live in a remote part of the world...who cares. The only time I don't have an internet connection is if my power is out, in which case I can't use my TV anyway.
---
Most Wanted: Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), Final Fantasy X HD (PS4)
#14CranberryPSOPosted 2/6/2013 11:55:58 AM
If Microsoft really does go this route and mandates online, what happens when Microsoft later releases a new console and eventually shuts down Xbox Live, or releases a new version of it? Will you not be able to play your old games anymore?

There's already been things like this. For example, the original Xbox. Phantasy Star Online. You can't get a gamer tag anymore for the original Xbox LIve service, and PSO requires that gamer tag even for offline mode. So now if your system doesn't already have a gamer tag on it, you can't play PSO offline on the original Xbox.

Will we have more things like this in the future but on a wider scale?
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#15kaiser ryuPosted 2/6/2013 11:59:42 AM
The hope in this (uggghhh) is that as the problems it creates become wide scale demand for solutions will increase with it.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#16BuretsuPosted 2/6/2013 12:37:13 PM
PStrife posted...
You know, this hasn't happend yet.

Wouldn't be the first time someone has supposed a rumor to be true, like all those "leaked" specs that show the PS4 and 720 as crazy super-powerful.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#17zender1999(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:19:42 PM
Buretsu posted...
PStrife posted...

Wouldn't be the first time someone has supposed a rumor to be true, like all those "leaked" specs that show the PS4 and 720 as crazy super-powerful.

a nooo that doesnt count lol

nintendo was very smart by not suppoting always online drm and no used games, all they will have to do is inform the public about it when the time comes and it wll bring in a lot of gamers, even the ones that werent going to buy a wiiu
#18Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/6/2013 1:21:34 PM

Hence why this is a re-assurance topix. Sheesh, at least troll the thing when/if it becomes a reality. Pre-emptive trolling is a non-sensical tactic as far as trolling goes.

You need the trolling to be current, not whimsical fancy. Understand how good trolling works before poorly attempting it.

Otherwise, tada!!! Re-assurance topic.

Let them have their moment. It's not like they have any new Wii U games to play.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#19zender1999(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:59:00 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Reassurance topic.

Not very reassuring for the next Sony/Microsoft consoles...

antiganers practices will lose them a lot of gamers, better for nintendo
#20_Sovereign_Posted 2/6/2013 3:26:01 PM
PStrife posted...

Hence why this is a re-assurance topix. Sheesh, at least troll the thing when/if it becomes a reality. Pre-emptive trolling is a non-sensical tactic as far as trolling goes.

You need the trolling to be current, not whimsical fancy. Understand how good trolling works before poorly attempting it.

Otherwise, tada!!! Re-assurance topic.

There is no such thing as "good" trolling. You could just let the thing die if it turns out to be true. This is getting to be as bad as religions arguing.

It's like walking up to every car in a Sonic parking lot and saying they shouldn't be eating tomatoes on their burger because you don't like it.....why not just go back to enjoying your burger while it's still warm? Stupid analogy I know, but I'm on my weekend and slightly drunk haha
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.