So I was right the Wii U doing 3D @1080p is a no no.

#11TheBonfiniPosted 2/6/2013 11:16:14 AM
Do any 3D games run in 1080p native resolution? If the answer is no then obviously we are waiting for Iwata to apologize and unleash the true potential capabilities of the Wii-U upon the world.

It's all about smiles if graphics don't matter!
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#12DynheartPosted 2/6/2013 11:31:09 AM(edited)
Kano92 posted...
Dynheart posted...
That article was rushed, and is pretty baseless. They go from "we know nothing" to "we know everything" in a couple of hours of seeing the GPU die photo; then write up an entire article on a custom chip that even developers are trying to comment on (I'll give you a hint, they are pretty much WTFing atm).

We can jigsaw it together and say "Oh! Hey! It looks like this!"..but what about the rest? Do we calculate the shaders at 20, 40 or 80? So for now, 40 is a safe assumption...a guess, just like these guys. Also, why is does it have a SERDES/MIPI? Why so much eDRAM? WE'll know more once we see the CPU. One thing is for sure. Only Nintendo knows what the heck they did with this thing. It's an oddity.

In the end, though, unless we are looking at the chip wrong (can be the case), It still wont touch the PS4/720 levels of performance.

Yay it's totally baseless, it's all propaganda your right.
---

First things first.

They didn't know jack about the GPU, they admitted this. Why? Because nobody did.

Second.

Mere hours, and this is giving them credit, they write up an article about the GPU. Not only that, they come up with their "professional" conclusion that the Wii U can't do this or that.

Last, but not least

How is that developers, experts and knowledgeable people in the field are still try to break down the chip? And have openly stated that the CPU is most likely the second piece of the puzzle (photo OTW)? But the guy, who wrote the article, figured it out and wrote an article in a few hours.

Unless you are a DF slappy, it doesn't add up. We need the CPU, most likely, to figure the rest out. He would too. Not to mention, he doesn't even know the how many ALU's per SPU there are; that's for Nintendo to tell us.

Regardless, he's right about one thing. No matter how you add it up, it wont touch the PS4/720.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#13Baha05Posted 2/6/2013 11:57:55 AM
TC you do know the console is only 3 months old right? Those games could come later down the road.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#14Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:52:37 AM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
TC you do know the console is only 3 months old right? Those games could come later down the road.

Your very optimistic
---
#15KAMMYqueenPosted 2/7/2013 5:00:21 AM
Kano92 posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed

Quoting: paragraph six

''it's highly unlikely that we'll be seeing any complex 3D titles running at 1080p''

For a couple months some people here would say Wii U will be able do 3D games @1080p. They said this cause the Wii U has a few 2D games @1080p, which is very diff.

So this post is for all you who said I was wrong.
---

i still own a wii U
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#16FoppePosted 2/7/2013 5:43:16 AM
Oh, I'm pretty sure that it can do a Pong clone in 3D@1080p.
Just because something is rendered in 1080p doesn't mean that it has to be great looking graphics.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC