Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow"

#101ADHDguitarPosted 2/6/2013 10:43:28 PM
Interesting =/= good.

I'm prepared for something bad.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#102usaamahlinkPosted 2/6/2013 10:52:54 PM
Its NOT going to be a damn price cut guys.
Anyone with an ounce of brain mass would know, Nintendo is not 'doomed' and that they are not going to cut their prices even if they arent in the best of situations (I think theyre doing fairly well off of just the Wii U, supposedly theyve already turned a profit?)

possibilities: Some type of upgrade to the system?
Some new game announcements
or some new software announcement.

My guess: An announcement of a partnership (like Bayonetta 2) bringing an even bigger franchise exclusively to Nintendos Wii U.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.
#103usaamahlinkPosted 2/6/2013 11:02:38 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I just hope it's the announcement of a new bundle coming to the US, similar to the Deluxe bundle coming to Canada with Nintendo Land, Zombi U, and a pro controller. I'm on board to pick up a Wii U, but none of the current models are even close to a good value. But bundle in an extra controller and a game I'm interested in and it will be a fair enough deal that I'll bite.

I dont get it. How is an extra controller good value? A Wii U is good value because of games. IF the games right now dont justify it wait till Summer or till Winter, then youll definately be able to justify it.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.
#104usaamahlinkPosted 2/6/2013 11:05:22 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
The new approach by Nintendo is awesome. They are coming up with a bunch of bombs to drop. I like it.

I remember they took this approach during the GCN years and most of the bombs turned out to be duds. Getting excited about announcements is never a good idea.

I personally liked the GC. I had an Xbox and I was a little jealous of my cousin for being a Nintendo gamer. I had a PS2 as well but it was collecting dust. But the fact that Nintendo is revealing their plans I think is cool. MS and Sony has not revealed things at the rate Nintendo is.

Which just gives them momentum, but the fact that Nintendo is willing to keep on showing us these tips of their hand, just reveals how confident they really are, and at what scale theyre really gearing up for the move to HD.

My personal feeling is that once we see all the projects (games and software wise) that Nintendo has up its sleeve, were going to be left wondering how they put so much stuff together.
---
#105GoldenJoe24Posted 2/6/2013 11:55:31 PM
Lhunthangion posted...
I hope it's a limited edition Sean Connery 3DS.

ARGH. I just bought an XL. Stop making me switch!
#106PhoenixPrincePosted 2/7/2013 12:12:50 AM
Well, there's a bunch of launch window games that don't have release dates yet. Given that the window ends March 31, they'll have to announce them soon to meet their own expectations. Bet it's gonna be release dates for said games.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#107PendragoonPosted 2/7/2013 12:25:20 AM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Ni no kuni for wiiU confirmed!!!!!

Includes brand new content, exclusive to the Wii U. MSRP:$49.99

As a special bonus several Pokemon will be available as special familiars.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#108GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/7/2013 6:50:26 AM
So wheres this news at. Its thursday.
---
"Dragon Age 2 was a train wreck the entire game, ME3 was like screaming rollercoaster that ran out of track and everyone died." -nIMr0D888
#109ish0turfac3Posted 2/7/2013 6:56:44 AM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
Ni no kuni for wiiU confirmed!!!!!

Includes brand new content, exclusive to the Wii U. MSRP:$49.99

As a special bonus several Pokemon will be available as special familiars.

I have a feeling that if ni no kuni had released on ds as originally planned it would have just been branded as a pokemon clone. But it goes to ps3 and everyone is praising it.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#110GencoilPosted 2/7/2013 6:58:48 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
So wheres this news at. Its thursday.

I'm beginning to think he was trolling everyone...
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil