So Wii U will be the only system that allows used games?

#1quickposterPosted 2/6/2013 1:10:07 PM
If this is seriously true there is only one system for next generation. Consumers will not put up with it. Its bad enough Nintendo have a head start but these anti used games tactics are pretty much sending PS4 and 720 to die.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#2YamiYugi4400Posted 2/6/2013 1:12:01 PM(edited)
XD microsoft fail
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#3BuretsuPosted 2/6/2013 1:11:37 PM
But don't worry, it will have 8 cores!
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/6/2013 1:13:06 PM
Gamestop becomes Nintenstop.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!
#5MuryoPosted 2/6/2013 1:16:43 PM(edited)
Thr concept has been only patented, we'll have to wait till sony/microsft unveil their consoles and see the official specs in order to see if it becomes reality.
#6EastCoastKodyPosted 2/6/2013 1:15:17 PM
I hope thats not true. More than half of the games I buy are used.

and u know the PS4 won't be backwards compatible either.

I can't even find Wii U games used, locally.

I was hoping to buy some used Wii U games the other day.......the guy at Play N' Trade said they've only had 1 person trade in a Wii U game since launch. And it sold the same day :(
---
"Just cause someone trolls something doesn't mean they dislike it. I've wanted a Wii U since it was announced." -- lazycomplife
#7MegagunstarmanPosted 2/6/2013 1:15:24 PM
PS4 will allow used games too.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/risky-business-the-next-xbox-versus-playstation-4/

What’s trickier for Microsoft is in explaining its decision when faced with Sony’s plans for the PlayStation 4. Walk into a game retailer (should you be able to find one by the time these consoles arrive) and the choice could be simple: PlayStation 4 is more powerful, and plays second-hand games. One can imagine how fruitful a call between Kaz Hirai and Don Mattrick might have been had they both agreed to take the same measures against second-hand sales.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#8darkjedilinkPosted 2/6/2013 1:18:19 PM
Buretsu posted...
But don't worry, it will have 8 cores!

And the awesome power of an HD6670 DDR3!
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#9EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/6/2013 1:19:00 PM
Megagunstarman posted...

http://www.edge-online.com/features/risky-business-the-next-xbox-versus-playstation-4/

What’s trickier for Microsoft is in explaining its decision when faced with Sony’s plans for the PlayStation 4. Walk into a game retailer (should you be able to find one by the time these consoles arrive) and the choice could be simple: PlayStation 4 is more powerful, and plays second-hand games. One can imagine how fruitful a call between Kaz Hirai and Don Mattrick might have been had they both agreed to take the same measures against second-hand sales.

So the PS4 will play second- hand games but the next Xbox won't?

R.I.P Nextbox if true. If one company does it and not the other, the one that does do it will be sending a product that will be dead on arrival.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!
#10HeaderHogPosted 2/6/2013 1:19:40 PM
Megagunstarman posted...

Either that or this was written by a Sony fan.
---
Bacon.
This sig is instantly awesome.