A new independent Nintendo Power: Nintendo Force

#11Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/6/2013 2:18:57 PM
We all knew about this magazine last month.

I'm not supporting it because they charged out the ass for their first issue. They charged nearly 20 bucks for their first issue. That was the price of a full year subscription to Nintendo Power. For one issue.

Jesus ****ing Christ...
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#12Ambassador_KongPosted 2/6/2013 4:21:55 PM
Nintendo Power was actually making money so no one is certain why they stopped publishing. Nintendo Force was expensive because it was print on demand. The digital version was $4, but the actual print copy was very nice. Apparently they donated the proceeds to charity and they are looking for a way to print so they don't have to charge an arm and a leg.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#13Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/6/2013 4:35:29 PM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
Nintendo Power was actually making money so no one is certain why they stopped publishing. Nintendo Force was expensive because it was print on demand. The digital version was $4, but the actual print copy was very nice. Apparently they donated the proceeds to charity and they are looking for a way to print so they don't have to charge an arm and a leg.

They stopped Nintendo Power because it's owned by a UK-based publication company and they decided to kill off a few non-UK magazines even though the American Nintendo Power came before the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine and has a richer history.

NP was shut down in favor of national favoritism. I'm waiting for the American Official Xbox Magazine and Best Buy's @Gamer to get shut down too because of Future.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#14_FalstaffPosted 2/6/2013 5:34:59 PM
Cow Killer posted...
Too bad it costs a fortune. $20 an issue, no thanks.

---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#15jakestar0306Posted 2/6/2013 5:52:40 PM
Cow Killer posted...
Too bad it costs a fortune. $20 an issue, no thanks.

... Or you could just get a subscription for significantly cheaper like every other magazine.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#16LinktoDrinkPosted 2/6/2013 5:52:42 PM
Hey kiddies that can't afford 20 bucks, this isn't meant for you. Stop whining.

They had to charge that much because of the high cost of publishing these days in addition to it being on demand. They couldn't print up thousands of copies not knowing if it would be successful at all, so they used magcloud to print copies as they are sold. They also made NO money on this first issue. It was done out of love and all their proceeds were sent to charity.

So stop complaining about something you don't understand. You sound like obama voters. They have been working on getting the subscription model out since the first issue was so successful, and thus it will be much more affordable. What kind of fans are you anyways if you just heard about this today?
#17PeteyParkerPosted 2/6/2013 5:56:42 PM
$17.99!?

And I will see the Keaton family next week
---
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"
#18SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/6/2013 6:00:10 PM
GM_ posted...
Toadster9001 posted...
People don't read magazines anymore. Nintendo Power was cancelled for a reason. This is literally the worst idea ever.

"Nintendo Power could no longer make a profit, so let's start our own publication!"

"I don't agree with this idea so it is wrong!"

Please keep your generalizations and biased opinions to yourself. There is a market for physical magazine subscriptions.

I love how you only use that argument when you like the subject being criticized. Why don't the crybaby fanboys follow their own advice? Because you like being hypocrites and trolls.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#19The_BoredomsPosted 2/6/2013 6:03:33 PM
I don't care about the price or how much money they toss away on charity, if they can't muster up more than eighty pages it isn't a magazine worth paying attention to.
#20Godstriker8Posted 2/6/2013 6:05:30 PM
Does the magazine have any of the guys who were at Nintendo Power? Otherwise doesn't seem related to NP at all.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!