Ha! Nintendo is the father of PlayStation and Xbox?

#31kobalobasileusPosted 2/6/2013 6:08:34 PM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
Megagunstarman posted...
So, Nintendo is indirectly responsible for all three gen7 consoles? Wow, Nintendo saved gaming with the NES and almost destroyed it with gen7, the worst console generation ever.

Generation 7 was pretty awful. SHOOT EM UP!

Gen 7 was only awful if you didn't own a Wii!
#32darkjedilinkPosted 2/6/2013 6:22:47 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Microsoft is Sega's child. Sega got MS involved by using their help with the Dreamcast development (just as Nintendo with Sony on the SNES). When MS was ready to join the race their only goal was to beat Sony given Nintendo's slump at that time. They first scavenged the remains of Sega, hiring many of the team that made the Dreamcast and then tried to buy or acquire Nintendo which didn't work.

MS never attempted to buy Nintendo. Stop saying that.

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/4561-Microsoft-tried-to-buy-Nintendo-!!!

Not content with trying the purchase Sega, Microsoft pulled out all the stops to attempt to buy Nintendo. Bill Gates was prepared to stump up $25 billion for the Japanese gaming giant.

A new book called Opening the Xbox: Inside Microsoft's Plan to Unleash an Entertainment Revolution has revealed that Bill Gates' powerhouse tried to purchase Nintendo. When interviewing Nintendo's U.S president Minoru Arakawa, he let slip that Nintendo 'weren't sure what to think when Microsoft made the offer.'' He continued with the commments "I was surprised, we didn't need the money. I thought it was a joke."

Nintendo realised that such a proposition should not be ignored. "Some Nintendo executives seemed interested and the meetings went on through the winter," the book reveals. "The parties met six or seven times. Microsoft wanted Nintendo to drop its GameCube console and get behind the Xbox. But Hiroshi Yamauchi, the aging CEO and Nintendo, didn't like the idea. By January 2000, the talks were over."

The two companies went their separate ways and ended discussions amicably. "Our ability to remain independent was unquestioned due to our financial status," Minoru Arakawa described. "And it became clear that our objectives and their objectives were not the same."

Just imagine what would have happened if Microsoft's plan to buy Nintendo had succeeded - no GameCube and no Cube Europe. Isn't it great that Nintendo resisted from the clutches of Bill's Gates' empire.

ITP: making an offer for a company not for sale = actively attempting to buy said company.

I offered to make dinner for my wife for some naughty stuff tonight. I wasn't trying to make dinner.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#33P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/6/2013 6:26:32 PM
*bhuddist facepalm*
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DO!

If I offer to cook a meal for my family, I'm trying to cook a meal for my family! If I'm negotiating the purchase of a car and placing an offer, guess what? I'm trying to buy the car!
Jesus!
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#34darkjedilinkPosted 2/6/2013 6:30:49 PM
If I'm negotiating the purchase of a car and placing an offer, guess what? I'm trying to buy the car!

This would be a fair point, if Nintendo were ever actually up for sale.

Offering $200 for a brand-new Maserati that isn't even for sale isn't 'trying to buy a car.'
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#35jairusmonillasPosted 2/6/2013 6:34:11 PM
Playstation is son of Nintendo, but Playstation grew up better than his father nintendo.

as a result, PS1 and PS2 QUALITY AND SALES dominated. PS3 quality wise beat Wii who went full casual to get sales but not quality.

Playstation is now the grandfather of gaming.
#36SoeroahPosted 2/6/2013 6:34:57 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Ha! Nintendo foolishly plays a role in the creation of it's biggest competitors.

Ha!

Obviously Nintendo wants to create its own greatest nemesis so it can be the one to best it.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#37HungoverHero777Posted 2/6/2013 6:37:57 PM
Soeroah posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Ha! Nintendo foolishly plays a role in the creation of it's biggest competitors.

Ha!

Obviously Nintendo wants to create its own greatest nemesis so it can be the one to best it.

Well, yeah. Where's the fun in winning if there's no one to win against?
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#38mini_blightPosted 2/6/2013 6:57:03 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Ha!

No, the Nintendo-Sony deal would have killed Nintendo a long time ago.

Looks like you blew your load too soon. lmao
#39P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/6/2013 7:37:14 PM
darkjedilink posted...
If I'm negotiating the purchase of a car and placing an offer, guess what? I'm trying to buy the car!

This would be a fair point, if Nintendo were ever actually up for sale.

Offering $200 for a brand-new Maserati that isn't even for sale isn't 'trying to buy a car.'

Yes it is, even though the price is asinine.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#40Lelouch71Posted 2/6/2013 7:59:16 PM
Nintendo is grandpa. Playstation was the rebellious daughter that got knocked up by a stranger and gave birth to the Xbox.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"