Thank God Nintendo isn't THAT stupid

#1AaronPHughesPosted 2/6/2013 12:47:32 PM
I disagree with many things the Wii U has done (lack of online, no games, VC fees) but requiring a constant connection and one time use codes to play games is grounds to NOT buy a system. I know it is a rumor but if this turns out to be true for PS4 or Xbox720, I will not buy either of those.
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#2ADHDguitarPosted 2/6/2013 12:48:38 PM
Hasn't stopped people from playing PC games.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#3abbyhitterPosted 2/6/2013 12:49:24 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

One of the reasons why I don't play PC games.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#4MuryoPosted 2/6/2013 12:50:57 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

Diablo 3 says hi. :p
#5b1gt0nePosted 2/6/2013 12:52:04 PM
Muryo posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

beat me to it!!!!!!!!!
#6ADHDguitarPosted 2/6/2013 12:53:04 PM
Muryo posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Let me rephrase that.

Hasn't stopped people from buying PC games.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#7DarkAdonis123Posted 2/6/2013 12:55:33 PM
Error 37
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#8quickposterPosted 2/6/2013 12:58:23 PM
ADHDguitar posted...

Because PC games are cheaper. Console games aren't.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#9EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 2/6/2013 1:00:30 PM(edited)
ADHDguitar posted...
Muryo posted...
ADHDguitar posted...

Let me rephrase that.

Hasn't stopped people from buying PC games.

Consoles aren't PCs and PCs don't have anywhere near the physical retail presence that consoles have. Not only that, they wouldn't just be affecting consumers. All of the stores that offer rentals and hanging the largest gaming retail store (Gamestop) out to dry as well? Doesn't bode well.

It may not completely kill off those consoles but the backlash would be significant enough to where it wouldn't be a good move for Sony or Microsoft.
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR (3DS): 2895-6776-7223
Ravens! 2012-2013 Superbowl Champions!
#10DragonyeuwPosted 2/6/2013 1:00:49 PM
That kind of DRM doesn't occur in all PC games, it's up to the publisher to determine what kind of control they want on the game, and the consumer can then decide to not buy the game if they disagree. In the case with this Durango rumor regarding no used games and 'always on' connection, this isn't publisher-dependent but across the board DRM on the system and any game available for it. Therefore, one doesn't have a choice to simply boycott the console publisher who resorts to this, because the system itself is built around this premise. Any console maker employing this strategy I will not support by buying their console, period.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,